Question about HP Pavilion dv5t- Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo P8400 (2.26 GHz), 15.4" diagonal WXGA High-Definition Br... PC Notebook
1. A "blue-screen" can be caused either by faulty hardware (such as a bad stick of RAM) or by a screw-up within the installed copy of Microsoft Windows.
2. Updating the BIOS will not "cure" any hardware problem, but it may "tune-up" the motherboard's interaction with some other component, e.g., a network-card or a video-card.
3. Updating the BIOS will not prevent any "screw-up" within Windows.
4. Replacing the motherboard, while keeping the same RAM, will not cure any "bad RAM" problems.
5. Replacing the keyboard or mouse or speakers will not "cure" the problem.
6. If they inspected the motherboard, and they found liquid damage (spill of some soft-drink or beer or cream/sugar coffee) that is causing short-circuits on the motherboard, then it depends whether you purchased an "all-perils" warranty that covers user-induced damage (dropped computer, liquid spills) or whether you have a "standard" warranty (to replace a disk-drive that dies).
7. If they replaced the hard-drive, then they (or you) probably installed a "fresh" copy of Windows, which tends to rule-out any "software" problems that would cause a blue-screen.
My suggestion: borrow a Windows 7 DVD from a friend, and boot from it. One of the start-up options is to run a "RAM-test", to extensively test the RAM for faults.
Posted on Aug 19, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 22, 2012 | Maxtor Personal Storage 3200 (U01E200) 200...
Sep 05, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 24, 2011 | HP Compaq Business Notebook NX9010
Nov 11, 2010 | HP Pavilion ze2000 Notebook
Aug 20, 2010 | HP Computers & Internet
Jun 03, 2010 | Acer Aspire 4720 Notebook
Feb 12, 2010 | Fujitsu S6210 Notebook
Sep 09, 2009 | HP Compaq 6735s Notebook
Jun 22, 2009 | HP 8710w Mobile Notebook
Feb 02, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: