Question about Nikon D90 Digital Camera with 18-105mm lens
This message refers to ' ERR = Aperture Ring Not Lock '.This is not a DIY and requires a professional to have a look at it.
There are a number of things you can try:
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand or other dirt etc
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 2 minutes and refit
If no luck then we have to try some things that could possibly result in damaging your camera so should only be tried if happy to take that risk...
5. Try thumping the camera into your other hand, by thumping into your hand you are trying to jar the mechanism loose, by using your hand you will hopefully not do it too hard or it will hurt. You may need to do this a dozen or so times in different places to work. I have found the flat of the camera bottom into the flat of your hand best..
6. If the lens is stuck in the out position then remove the batteries and try twisting the lens first one way then the other, do not apply excessive force when doing this or you can break gears, you are trying to reposition not force... Likewise if the lens looks like it is crooked you can try pushing it back into position. This has a higher chance of doing more harm than the thump so please be careful...
7. Dismantle the camera, not for the faint hearted, you need to dismantle the lens assembly into the main body of the camera
There is a blog where few other techniques are mentioned :-
Note - The above mentioned blog is a GENERIC one.
Posted on Aug 19, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 20, 2014 | Nikon D3300 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens...
Jan 31, 2013 | Nikon D90 Digital Camera with 18-105mm...
Mar 01, 2011 | Sony Alpha DSLRA350 14.2MP Digital SLR...
Apr 25, 2009 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Digital Camera
Jan 02, 2009 | Canon Rebel XT / EOS 350D Digital Camera
Sep 12, 2008 | Cameras
Jul 16, 2008 | Cameras
Apr 28, 2008 | Canon PowerShot S330 / IXUS 330 Digital...
Sep 28, 2007 | Nikon D70s Digital Camera
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: