Question about Microwave Ovens
The red light comes on due to a failure to detect the right intensity of light into the controller board. The LDR- light dependentt resistor - is fixed on to the cylinder which has the UV light. Hence the unit is clogged and the light intensity has dropped. You will need to open , clean and reset for the fault to go .Please take the top cover, the glass tubings and the UV lamp out very carefully not to damage.
If the fault is still persisting then the main board is faulty, sometimes the driver transistors are defective and will not output the voltage to the lamps. Please check this out and I am sure it will work. The service centres normally replace boards even if a transistor is faulty.... so your are right.
I hope my advice helps.
Posted on Aug 19, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 26, 2010 | LG Microwave Ovens
Nov 07, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 22, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 03, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Dec 10, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Nov 06, 2009 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Sep 05, 2008 | LG LMVM1935 Convection/Microwave Oven
May 10, 2007 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven
71 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!