Question about Toshiba Satellite A205-S4617 Notebook
1. Check whether USB/Chip set driver installed properly or not.
2. Check if a USB mouse or Keyboard working other then flash memory or printer. If working then your USB port is disabled in windows registry.
3. To enter the registry, got to Run, type regedit, Enter.
4. In the registry follow the path, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\usbstor
5. Check the value of the key START.
6. If the value is 0x00000003 (3) then OK. if the vale is 0x00000004 (4), then change it to 3.
7. for changing double click in Start key, a window will pop up. change the value from 4 to 3 then press enter.
8. Close the registry. And check the printer and Flash drive is working or Not.
Note: be careful while working with registry.
Posted on Aug 19, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 14, 2016 | Toshiba Electronics - Others
Nov 04, 2015 | Canon PIXMA MP620 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 03, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jan 01, 2013 | SanDisk 2GB microSD Memory Card
Jul 18, 2011 | SanDisk Cruzer Micro 8GB USB 2.0 Flash...
Feb 23, 2011 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Jan 22, 2011 | SanDisk Cruzer Micro 8GB USB 2.0 Flash...
Dec 29, 2010 | Kingston 4GB Secure Digital High Capacity...
Dec 13, 2009 | Toshiba 512MB USB 2.0 High-Speed Flash...
255 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: