Question about Computers & Internet
You also have Kasperkey ?
The error message 'CEC-MAIN.exe' is connected with the Camera Assistant Software,
You are unable to run the camera software because your KIS (Kasperkey Internet Security is blocking it by keeping "CEC-MAIN.exe" in the 'Untrusted File'.
1) Launch your web browser
2) In the Notification Area (Down by your clock - Right click on the KIS icon and select "Pause Protection" > select "Resume manually"
3) In Notification Area: click on KIS icon elect "Applications under Control"
4) In the "Applications under Control" menu relocate "CEC-MAIN.exe" from the "Untrusted File" to the "Trusted File" - click "OK"
5) > Start > All Programs > CEC-MAIN icon to run your web camera program
Or My computer >> Local Disk (C) >> Program Files >> Camera Assistant Software Folder >> CEC-MAIN icon
Your webcam should now be running
Worth putting a shortcut on your Desktop at this stage .
6) With the webcam still running, then In notification Area - Right click on the KIS icon and select "Resume Protection"
7) Check the "CEC-MAIN.exe" in "Applications under Control" and confirm it is still in the "Trusted File"
8) Restart your computer
Posted on Aug 19, 2010
Testimonial: "i tried the solution given from your end and it worked. thank you very much for the help"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 20, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite Pro C650-Z2510T Notebook
Mar 16, 2011 | Microsoft LifeCam HD-6000 Web Cam
Dec 16, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
Nov 11, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A105 Notebook
Oct 15, 2010 | Toshiba Satelite A10 Notebook
Feb 22, 2010 | ASUS Eee 4G Notebook
Dec 02, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite L305-S5907 Laptop
Sep 10, 2009 | Gateway Computers & Internet
Aug 02, 2008 | Computers & Internet
289 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!