Door Lock LED flashing
This depends on how old your machine is mine is now 7 years old so I do not want to invest in long term soltions. So I repaired my own, I bought a new interlock and replaced the old one that did not work. So I shorted out the three links that go to the interlock, the machine now shows the lock is always on and you can open the door during the wash cycle so BEWARE. Also if you have never wired a plug or fixed basic electrics DO NOT DO THIS.
1. Turn off power and unplug. (Very Important)
2. Remove lid you will need torx drivers.
3. Unscrew door interlock from the front of the machine.
4. Lift out interlock. Try replacing the interlock with spare first (about £15).
5. If new interlock does not work do the following.
6. Put Interlock back on without wires attched to it.
7. From car spares shop buy spade conectors and create a three way shorting link (insulate well).
8. Put shorting link into each of the wires that go to interlock.
Safely tie up wire to a loom (do not let dangle)
9. Shut the door remove hands and try starting the machine.
10. If that works put the machine back together. And warn people that the DOOR CAN BE OPENED DURING WASH CYCLE and STARTED WITH DOOR OPEN. So check when the machine has stopped properly.
Oct 20, 2006 |
Hotpoint WMA58 Front Load Washer