Question about Compaq NX6110 TFT XGA Notebook
At first i thought it's just "ntldr missing" error, i'd try to fix it by copying ntldr from my cd installer, but failed to copy. so i just restart the pc, to try my other cd installer. after reseting my pc, it eventually turn it to blank screen, no more post during booth.
1. Shut Down the PC and remove all the cables. Once done Press the power button for 10 seconds to remove static from computer.
2. Remove all bootable media from the PC and try to boot. If no go
3. Try booting again. If sceen comes up with NTLDR missing press F8 and move to advance option. Once done try last known good configuration.
4. If not go put in the cd in tray and move to recovery console as mentioned by Shakeelm. Try the follwoing their
if no go try the next step
5. Expand NTLDR and NTOSKRNL from CD. If no Go
6. Shut down the pc and try to boot from CD again. Once done try to repair the OS. THis should definetly help. If no go the last resort is to format and reinstall the OS..............
Posted on Apr 28, 2009
Do you have your Windows XP CD? Boot from that CD and at the prompt, press r for repair.
select 1 for windows installation and at the prompt type the follwing and press enter:
once complete (will take some time), reboot and you should be back in action
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jan 16, 2013 | Micro Electronics PowerSpec 6236 PC...
Jan 12, 2012 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Mar 01, 2011 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Below are the full error messages that may be seen when the computer is booting.
NTLDR is Missing
Press any key to restart
Boot: Couldn't find NTLDR
Please insert another disk
NTLDR is missing
Press Ctrl Alt Del to Restart
Oct 27, 2010 | Dell Computers & Internet
Oct 21, 2009 | ASUS Eee PC 1000H Laptop
Oct 17, 2009 | Systemax Neotach 3300 Notebook
Sep 10, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Feb 12, 2008 | AOpen Motherboards: AX4SG-UN (AAX4SGUN)
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!