Question about HP DeskJet 990cxi InkJet Printer
Resume Light Blinks and the Carriage is Stuck
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2011 | HP PSC 1210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 19, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
Aug 05, 2010 | HP D4360 DeskJet Printer InkJet
Aug 12, 2009 | Canon MultiPASS F80 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 14, 2009 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
Oct 06, 2008 | HP DeskJet 1280 InkJet Printer
Jan 17, 2008 | HP Photosmart 7450 InkJet Printer
Nov 27, 2007 | HP Deskjet 6980 InkJet Photo Printer
That flashing pattern is consistent with a stuck carriage. Here is a copy/paste from HP concerning the 5000 series and your flashing lights.
The print cartridge carriage is stuck.
1. Open the top access door on the printer.
2. Remove the ink cartridges.
3. Close the cartridge flaps after removing the ink cartridges.
4. Turn the printer off, then on again.
5. Replace the ink cartridges.
6. Close the top access door. Issue
The Resume light continues to blink after the cartridges are released.
The carriage is stuck or makes a grinding noise.
1. Lift the top cover to the printer.
2. Turn the printer off and then on again.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer when the grinding noise starts. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Move the carriage towards the middle of the printer (this procedure may take a couple of tries to get the timing correct).
5. Take out the cartridges and close the top cover.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer. Plug the power cord to the wall outlet.
7. Open the top cover, reinstall the cartridges, and then close the top cover.
Oct 23, 2007 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
92 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!