Question about Canon PowerShot A530 Digital Camera
When I go to down loas nothing is happening.
Thank you sooo very much Mrs J Green. Thankfully I did not go with some of the 1st suggestions I saw previously to finding your suggestion. This fixed 2 problems I was having, 1 which was not mentioned above.
1st. my computer no longer gave me the option to upload pics when plugging in my camera, it just did nothing, but I also had to restart my computer after trying a few steps.
2nd. pictures that would show up on theplayback mode on the camera were not being read on uploaded to my computer from the card (also getting ready to reformat the sd-memory card to avoid further issues as such).
These were my mothers day pictures hence I soo much appreciate you that much more.....You Miss Lady are the Bomb!!!
Posted on May 11, 2009
Here are the steps to take.
1. Establish whether or not you have a connection between your camera/computer by going to your start button, control panel, system, hardware tab and device manager. The camera must be powered on and in playback mode (should automatically go to playback mode when connected, camera's screen should go black if there is a connection). Make sure you have a fully or nearly fully charged battery in your camera.
2. Once in device manager, look under Imaging Devices. If your camera is properly connected it should show up as Canon Powershot SD800. If it shows a yellow exclamation point, there is a driver issue, and even if it doesn't show a yellow exclamation point, you may want to update your driver anyway by right clicking and having the system search automatically for driver updates. If download of driver begins, great...once finished, restart camera and your problem may be resolved.
3. If there are any other imaging devices, you may have to temporarily disable them to avoid conflicts.
4. If you have any other imaging software running, exit or close the program in your system tray (down by your clock in the right hand corner of your computer's desktop.
5. Try again to connect.
6. If you are on a desktop, try a rear usb port vs. a front port. You can also try a different port on a laptop. After each change, try restarting camera to establish connection.
7. Go to start/My Computer and look for the icon for your camera...you will be able to download images even without Canon software loaded onto computer so this is not a software issue if you have no hardware connection. If you see the icon, right click on it and choose Get or Import pictures. From there the default Microsoft scanner and camera wizard should launch and you will be able to import your images.
8. If still no connection, try going to Start/Run and type in services.msc here you are looking for 4 services to be running. Check under status of each service and make sure it reads that each of these services are started.
If all of these steps fail, try purchasing an SD card reader from your local electronics store for around $12 and download images from there. Canon also offers lifetime technical support for your Powershot, so give them a call if none of these steps work or if you would like someone to walk you through it.
Best of luck to you!
Posted on May 30, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2014 | Kodak EasyShare Cameras
Dec 02, 2013 | Nikon COOLPIX L810
Feb 08, 2011 | Cameras
Aug 28, 2010 | Nikon COOLPIX S8000 Digital Camera
Aug 17, 2009 | Cameras
Apr 29, 2009 | Nikon COOLPIX P5000 Digital Camera
Apr 24, 2009 | Nikon COOLPIX L18 Digital Camera
Jul 07, 2008 | Canon PowerShot SD630 Digital ELPH / IXUS...
May 16, 2008 | Philips PhotoFrame -10 Digital Picture...
Apr 01, 2008 | Sony Ericsson Walkman W810i Cellular Phone
211 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: