Computer recommended that i have a system secivery and assured me that i will still have all my files intact. When the system finished recovering i found that the amount of disk space was still there but the files that it said would save have dissappeared......please help me!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Computer Lost Files
So many possibilities, it's difficult to know where to start.. I would look for some recovery software.. It's easy to use and there are several free versions around. Eg File Scavenger, Ontrack easy recovery, Active Undelete enterprise etc.. etc. It's important to try to recover your files before you overwrite them.. Although most of this software can still recover it after that has been done. Quite good stuff really. Good Luck.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can recover any files deleted from computer. best thing you can do that to recover any file is by using recovery software, but you must act quickly before that file will gone forever because everything that you do, installing, downloading anything you do can make this file lost forever, my recommendation is Asoftech Data recovery which helped me before, download from Deleted Files Recovery Software
It looks like a file has been corrupted during the installation process.
Download and install CCleaner from www.ccleaner.com
Uninstall BookKeeper and then use the registry cleaning tool in CCleaner to clean up the registry of your computer.
Re-install BookKeeper and make sure no other programs are running on your computer during the installation.
1) Store all files in one folder according to it's type :- The my folder option is provided exclusively for this purpose as it helps in tacking out the type of file you are looking for easily and also its mush easier to backup the files at once. Secondly it helps to run the machine faster.
2) Don't store your files in the root folder c:/ drive.... :- Its recommended to store your files in the other drives that you create, because C drive is formatted every time you format or re-install windows or whenever there is a system crash, as a result all your files are lost.
3) Uninstall the programs that are not in Use :- Running programs tend to use the disk space hence reducing the speed of the system. So Uninstall all the files and programs that are not in use. Don not delete them but go to START, then Control Panel and then Add or Remove programs option and Remove the desired program.
4) When downloading a ZIP file, when you expand it delete the original file when done.
Just try following the above ueful tips and Get going to use a Faster Pc.
If you are using windows,System files(boot.ini, config.sys, autoexec.bat, msdos.sys, io.sys) might have lost or corrupted accidentally. You can fix it easily by connecting your hard disk to any other system having windows. boot from the host computer's operating system. open my computer, select folder options from tools menu. select second tab (view) scroll down to uncheck "hide protected operating system files (recommended)" and click ok. now go to C drive. Now you can see the system files mentioned above. copy all the required files to your hard disks partition's root and shutdown. now take out your hard disk and connect to your computer and re-start. another method is to make a bootable pendrive (visit: http://www.esnips.com/doc/0882f54e-3445-41b6-830d-e43fd7d02dc2/Active+Password+Changer+-+Boot+Disk+Creator to download application to make bootable pendrive.) copy all the system files from another computer. boot your system using this pendrive and select option 3 to exit from the menu to prompt. copy all the files to your OS partition and now reboot. this will solve your problem (you may need to change bios setting to boot from usb). for further details you can contact email@example.com
If that's so, use your operating system disc. Just use the REPAIR option, not the Install a fresh copy of the operating system. You don't have to worry because it will not remove your files saved in your harddisk. It will stay intact if you choose Repair. It will just repair the missing/corrupted file in your system.
Yes, everything will be lost when you use system recovery, but if you can do backup you files in your computer, you can do system recovery., So if you cannot back up your files maybe i suggest you to scan your computer online. www.precisesecurity.com/antivirus/online-scan.htm
and then uninstall all the unwanted programs, after scanning you should install antivirus, i recommend AVG, free edition, (search in google)downloadable. if you connected to the computer.
but if you has been backup you can proceed to system recovery using the CD installation disk.
may this help, melnavz
pls do not rate me if my solution not solve the issue and you need more further information. but if is invaluable solution rate me fixya.