Question about Computers & Internet
Best Solutions :
Type "services.msc" in RUN dialog box and press <Enter>. Now in the right side left click on any of file and press "V" and it'll show you "Volume Shadow Copy" in list.Double click on it and make sure its set to "Automatic" and running. Otherwise change it to "Automatic".
Low feed backs hurt my ratings and I am tring to help you with your problem,so let me know that the information i given you is helpfull or not.
Posted on May 01, 2008
Disable the service,
hold down windows key and press r
type in services.msc
then from the services list find Microsoft Software Shadow copy Provider - thats the one i beleave.
Right click, properties, startup type, disabled. then stop the service.
You shouldnt get any more errors and the service is not required so everything should work normally.
Posted on May 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 24, 2013 | Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64BIT...
Dec 13, 2012 | Acer Computers & Internet
1. Click Start, click Run, type Regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the subkey.
4. Exit Registry Editor.
5. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
6. Right-click the following services one at a time. For each service, click Restart:
7. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
8. At the command prompt, type vssadmin list writers, and then press ENTER.
9. If the VSS writers are now listed, close the Command Prompt window. You do not have to complete the remaining steps. If the VSS writers are not listed, type the following commands at the command prompt. Press ENTER after each command.
Note The last command may not run successfully.
10. At the command prompt, type vssadmin list writers, and then press ENTER.
11. Confirm that the VSS writers are now listed.
12. At the command prompt, type vssadmin list shadows and then press ENTER.
13. Confirm that there are no errors listed. On Windows XP you should see: No shadow copies present in the system.
14. Congratulations your machine should work again with any VSS compatible programs.
Oct 27, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 31, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Oct 15, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Oct 04, 2009 | Gateway Computers & Internet
May 30, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jan 01, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Jun 13, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Server Standard 2003 for...
Feb 18, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Server Standard 2003 for...
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!