Question about NetGear DG834G Router
To activate wi-fi security follow this steps, this must be done from a computer wired to the router (wifi is not recommended for changing the router configuration).
1) Open your favorite browser and go into the router config which would be either http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1
2) Login to the router. (If you have not already done so change the router default password, this should be your first security measure).
3) In the menu on the left click on "Wireless Settings". You should see now the Wireless settings configuration page
4) Under Security options, select "WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy).
5) Under auntentication type, leave automatic and choose 64bit encription
6) In the KEY 1 input box enter the 10 digit key (password) you want to use to access the wifi network, this key is an hexadecimal number you can enter any combination of 0 to 9, and the letters A to F. for example "AAFF41525C" remember this key because it will be asked by your notebook the first time you want to connect to the secured wifi network.
This is one if the simplest methods of securing your wifi, if you are just doing this for a home router it will be the easiest one.
Posted on May 01, 2008
I recommend you set up security through your wired computer
All you have to do is log into the router and enable it:
Hope that helps
Posted on May 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 03, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 29, 2010 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Apr 03, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Mar 06, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Jan 07, 2010 | Belkin F5D7234-4 Router
Nov 23, 2009 | NetComm NB5PLUS4W Wireless Router
Oct 04, 2009 | D-Link DIR-825 Wireless QuadBand Router
Jul 10, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Sep 28, 2008 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Sep 06, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-N WRT150N Router
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!