Question about Canon Rebel XT / EOS 350D Digital Camera
Every time I attach my SLR digital camera to my new Windows Vista computer, the photos can only be downloaded to Vista Picture Editing and not my installed Canon photo editing programme as it did on my old Windows XP computer. Do I need a new driver for this as Canon's solution CD is only for XP? It is so frustrating to have to transfer all downloaded photos to Canon's Zoom Browser, and even then I get error messages saying Raw files cannot be saved!
There are two ways to solve this problem. I am assuming you are simply clicking on the pictures and choosing "edit" or double clicking on the pictures and they are opening in "Vista picture editing"
The first way to overcome this is by opening the desired program first (in this case canon's photo editor) and then choose open and find the desired photos.
The other way is to set the file type association in vista so that RAW programs open with the canon program see below for step by step:
1. Click Start
2. Click default programs on the black bar
3. Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program
4. Find the file types you want to open automatically in your canon editing program (RAW .jpg etc)
5. Click once at the top of the page click change program
6. A new window will open, if it does not list the correct program click browse at the bottom of the window and find your editor in it's folder.
7. Select the desired program by double clicking
8. Click OK
9. Click close
10. Test the new file association by double clicking a RAW file or one of the other file types and see if it loads into the correct program.
The final (and this is simply my plug for open source programs) solution would be to try something like GIMP (it is a photo editing suite developed under linux but adapted for windows) you can search for it on google.
If you are having trouble with any of these steps please post a comment and I will try and add some clarification.
Hope this helps
Posted on May 06, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 22, 2012 | Canon EOS 400D / Rebel XTi Digital Camera
Sep 26, 2011 | Canon EOS 400D / Rebel XTi Digital Camera
Apr 16, 2011 | Canon EOS 400D / Rebel XTi Digital Camera
Jan 09, 2011 | Canon EOS 400D / Rebel XTi Digital Camera...
Jan 19, 2010 | Canon EOS 400D Digital Camera
Oct 23, 2009 | Canon EOS 400D / Rebel XTi Digital Camera
Feb 14, 2009 | Canon EOS 400D / Rebel XTi Digital Camera
Jul 24, 2008 | Canon EOS 400D / Rebel XTi Digital Camera
Dec 14, 2007 | Canon EOS 400D / Rebel XTi Digital Camera...
Nov 13, 2007 | Canon Digital Rebel XT / EOS 350D Digital...
234 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: