- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had just about given up on programming my Time Warner universal remote with my Boston Soundbar until a mental lightbulb came on. This is a two step process.
Step 1: Program your Time Warner remote (I have CLIKR-5, instructions available for other models at timewarner.com)
Using Pre-Programmed 3-digit Code method
-Turn on soundbar
- Press device button (I chose AUX) and OK/Select simultaneously until device button stays lit.
- Point remote control toward the soundbar and enter code (447 for Boston Acoustics)
- Press the device button again to store the code.
The TW instructions say you should now be able to turn the device off to verify that it works, but this is not true for the soundbar. Hang in there with me.
Step 2: Program your remote from the Boston Soundbar.
- Press the power button and the volume up button simultaneously until the indicator light flashes orange.
Here's where the instructions provided with the soundbar fail to explain how to do this. Each button is individually programmed into the TW remote. What you have done so far is enable the remote to accept the programming.
- Volume Up: press the volume up button on the soundbar while it is flashing, the light should become steadily orange.
- While holding the remote steady about a foot away from the soundbar, slowly press the volume up button on the TW remote four times. The orange light should flicker each time you do, turning green when completed.
- Volume Down, Mute, Power: repeat the steps for Volume Up, except press the button on the soundbar you wish program to the TW remote while the soundbar is flashing orange. It should become steady before you press the corresponding button on the TW remote.
Good luck, I hope this helps. -Deidre.
I had this same problem and it was due to their instructions which do not adequately explain the setup procedure.
On my own, I was successful in programming volume up but that was all. I assumed that for volume down I would hold the power button and the VOLUME DOWN button and wait for the flashing light just as I had for volume up. Problem is, you never get a flashing light.
Today, I spoke with a rep from Boston Acoustics who patiently explained that step one of the instructions has to be done the same way each time as it is the step that puts the soundbar into programming mode.
It is only at step 2 that things change.
The solution is to hold the power button and the Volume Up button every time in order to get the system into programming mode. Once the light is flashing, in order to program Volume Down, you then hold the Volume Down button until the light goes solid. Once the light goes solid, then press the volume down button on your remote 4 times slowly. Works like a charm.
Works the same way to program the mute button. Follow step one to get the unit in programming mode. Once the light is flashing, hold down only the mute button until the light goes solid. When the light goes solid, press the mute button slowly 4 times.
OBTW, this was programmed with a Logitech Harmony 650 remote unit.
These buttons are the most used at the remote controls, so these are the first that came out of order. Since the volume comes down (this means that the tv remote receiver is ok) I suggest you to buy a new universal remote control.
In case of a problem or clarification, don't hesitate to post me a reply. If you are satisfied, rate my solution with the "thumbs" or add a testimonial.
Thanks and regards Please kindly rate this solution Stelios direct FixYa link: http://www.fixya.com/users/technical114
[PDF]Cox ManualFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML not respond to the Cox Universal Remote Control after trying all of the codes listed for your brand,or if your brand is not listed at all,try searching for ... www.cox.com/support/digitalcable/hdtv/pdf/Universal_Remote.pdf - Similar pages
With persistence, I was able to program the Universal Remote Control provided with the cable box to control my new used Pioneer SX-315 receiver. I now can control the tv volume, cable box, auxiliary stereo receiver with speaker system with one remote. Thank goodness I did not have to resort to buying a Pioneer remote control.
I was able to program another previously unused universal remote which I purchased several years ago. However, since the other remote control did not list the Vizio TV. That brand is too new for the remote.
1) Tap AUX 2) Press & Hold Setup (1 then 2 blinks) 3) Enter 30842 or 0842 (The remote should blink twice) 4) Press & Hold Setup (1 then 2 blinks) 5) Enter 994 (2 blinks) 6) Tap Setup (1 blink) 7) Enter "00051" (1 blink per number) 8) Tap Power (not All On, just "power") (The remote should blink twice) 9) Tap AUX 10) Press & Hold Setup (1 then 2 blinks) 11) Enter 30135 or 0135