a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Move 'GT' '.' 'RATE SET' selector to 'RATE SET'
Tax / discount rate: • Press the TOTAL key twice, enter the tax rate, followed by the TAX+ key. •
Press the TOTAL key twice, enter the discount rate, followed by then TAX- key • A maximum of 4 digits can be stored (decimal point is not counted as a digit). Note: • Be sure to set above noted selector to the "•" position after storing an each rate. • For the conversion rate and the tax / discount rate, a single value can be stored for each. If you enter a new rate, the previous rate will be clear
Easy. Press M- key [has RATE SET] above it. This will shown your current setting say 17.5. Amend to 20.0 and Press M- key again. Rate should now be set at 20%.
Test by entering:
100 and pressing +TAX key - Answer should be 20.
100 and pressing -TAX Key - Answer should be 83.33
If the model is EL-2125 , and not 2125C or 2125E the following will work
2)press CE and then CA (you should see 0. with small 00 in top left hand corner but nothing else)
3)press M- button (rate set button),current tax rate 17.50% will appear with tax at left hand side
4) type new rate eg 15.00 (making sure to hit the decimal and two zeros, tax at the left and % should still be on the screen)
5) press M- (rate set button) (small 00 will appear in top left hand corner)
6) press = ( new rate and G will appear small 02 in top left hand corner and = sign below it)
hope this works for you, please let me know either way
Solution #1 has it backward..
(tax rate), STR, TAX+ (or TAX-)
Example- San Francisco sales tax = 9.5%
9.5, STR, TAX+.
now it functions as (amount entered) plus tax.
Example- find the total with tax for a purchase of $14.99
Calculator will show 16.41
1. Be sure to switch to "rate set" from GT
2. Enter the tax amount like so - if your tax rate is 7% type in 7%
3. Go back to the GT setting and it should work...at least that is how I fixed mine! I did the same thing last week & have no manual!