An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: I was given a nice sony handycam camcorder. i was...
Batteries have a limited life even if they are constantly charged.
Leaving batteries in constant charge will limit their life by causing gas leakage. Once depleted, they must be replaced. There is also a small button battery that keeps unit memory up, if you do not use camera for months at a time, replace this battery also.
Ni-Cad batteries need to be refreshed ony once a month by discharging them fully, then recharging them fully for best performance to erase memory effect
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sony Handycam CCD-TRV58 Hi-8 Analog Camcorder 1. Per the manual on esupport.sony.com - if the power is disconnected door won't open, and if the battery is the dead the door won't open. Plug it in and hopefully you can get the tape out.
hi, its clear that the battery is gone .
replace the battery with a new one its gonna work fine.
when you plug the charging chord into the camera,the camera shuts down because the battery is gone.the battery has lost the ability to charge,so to protect your handycam from any hazard the camera shuts off.
This camera has had problems with the primary switch block faulting. The camera will power up all by itself when unattended and drain the battery. Another symptom would be the battery refuses to charge fully because the camera must remain in the "OFF" mode for the charge process to begin.
Sony in Laredo, TX is replacing these controls at little or no cost, I would call them to see if they will repair this for you.
Hope this helps you.
Your unit is a 2004 model. If it has never been used since then the battery is probably no good and will need replaced. Batteries discharge 20% on a monthly basis just sitting on the shelf so yours went dead a long time ago. Then if they are left in that state (dead) they sulfate which means that sulfur oxides transfer to the plates and form an insulating surface. At that point all the charging in the world is not going to bring it back. All you can do is get another one. They are available at most stores which sell electronics. Get a new battery and charge it per the instructions and try using it again. This should solve your problem. Good luck.