Question about Averatec 6100 Notebook
Time to reinstall windows. You can try a repair install of Windows, which should let you salvage your data. For walkthroughs w/ screenshots go to windowsreinstall.com
Posted on May 01, 2008
When your computer offers to start from either a safe mode environment or from 'last known good configuration' it generally means that the windows registry did not properly close on the prior shut-down. This can sometimes mean that there is a critical component of windows that is not closing properly, or is damaged or missing altogether. It is very common for a system change to occur when you are adding new hardware, or when you have been attacked by a malicious virus.
If the laptop has any important information on it, I would first recommend extracting the hard drive, attaching it to another pc with an enclosure, and backup up any important files. That is of course if you have not already done so.
The easiest method to repair from this condition is to reformat your hard drive and re-install your operating system from recovery media. This will work 90% of the time, the other 10% being the rare occurance of your hard drive actually containing bad sectors on the disk itself. This is sometimes repairable with certain hard drive tools available from each respective hard drive vendor's website.
Hope that helps. If not, you can always take it to a Geeksquad technician and they would be very happy to help you.
Posted on May 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Dec 08, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Oct 17, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Aug 05, 2014 | Dell Inspiron Computers & Internet
Jun 20, 2014 | Computers & Internet
May 29, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jan 19, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Apr 08, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Feb 05, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3690-2196 Notebook
Jul 07, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite P105-S6104 Notebook
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: