Replaced the magenta cartrage. arror check Ink
The Error "Check INK U140"
Causes : Possible causes are as follows :
* The ink tank may not be installed properly (The lamp on the ink tank is off).
Install the appropriate ink tank.
* The ink tank not be compatible with this machine. (The lamp on the ink tank is off).
Install the appropriate Ink tank.
The machine will not print of the wrong type of ink tank is used or if it is installed incorrectly.
Be sure to install the ink tanks in the proper order. The proper arrangement from the left to right is Black - (CLI-8BK), Black -(PGI-5BK), Yellow - (CLI-8Y), Magenta (CLI-8M), Cyan (CLI-8C).
1) Ensure that the machine is on.
2) Raise the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) until it stops.
The Paper Output tray will open automatically and the Print Holder moves to the center.
Impoprtant : If the Scanning Unit (PRinter Cover) is left open for more than 10 minutes, The Print Head Holder moves to the right. Close and reopen the Scanning Unit(Printer Cover) to return the Print Head Holder to the center.
3) OPen the Inner Cover.
4) Press the Open button to open the Paper Output tray if it does not open automatically and remove the ink tank whoe lamp is flashing red fast. Do not touch the Print Head Lock Lvever. Remove only the ink tank.
Important : * Handle the ink tanks carefully to avoid staining clothing or the surrounding area.
* Discard empty ink tanks according to the locakl laws and regulations regarding disposal of consumables.
Note : Be sure to replace ink tanks one by one when replacing more than one ink tank.
5) Prepare a replacement tank.
a) Remove the new tank ink from its packaging, then pull the orange tape so that the protective film does not remain on air hole. Then remove the film.
b) Remove the orange protective cap from the bottom of the ink tank and discard it.
6) Install the ink .
a) Install the ink tank into the Print Head.
b) Press on the Push button on the ink tank until the ink tank snaps firmly into place.
c) Ensure that the ink tank clicks into place and then its lamp lights red.
Important : Make sure to install all the ink tanks to enable printing. The machine cannot be used unless all the ink tanks are installed.
7) Close the Inner Cover.
Note: Ensure that the Inner Cover is closed, Printing will not occur if the Inner Cover is open.
Hope this help. PLease rate my response.
have a good day.
Nov 23, 2009 |
Canon PIXMA MP530 All-In-One InkJet...