Question about Bosch Washing Machines
We keep getting this but can get around it.
You probably have a blocked pump/filter. If there is still water in the machine you will need to drain this first. So...
First try this. If it's finished the washing phase turn off the machine (rotate the dial to off then turn off at mains), leave for a min and turn on again at mains, then move dial to the rinse cycle.
If this works then it may clear the blockage for you. If not go to the bits below.
1. Remove the covering from the bottom RHS of the machine
2. There is a small black hose. Pull out and place in suitable container/bucket then unplug the end.
3. Will take quite a while to remove all the water. (Tip - once water is well below the window level unlock door and remove washing).
4. Once all water removed replace hose top and unscrew anticlockwise the white holder to the right of the hose. Make sure you have a towel handy to mop up any excess water.
5. Remove and clean all junk from it under a tap.
6. Look and see inside hole if any debris wool/cotton etc is blocking impeller and remove if necessary.
7. Replace holder.
et voila it should work again!
If not you have probably have a blockage somewhere in the pipe inside the machine. Sorry can't help with that one.
Posted on Jan 30, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Washing Machine Will Not Drain
you have got a blocked filter or pump the filter is located on the right hand side at the front of the machine down the bottom behind the plinth you can drain the water from there as well by pulling the small grey hose out pull the plug out of the end and place in a small bowl good luck when the water is out you can check the pump impeler as well clean the filter houseing and put it back all should b well unplug the machine b4 u start work
Posted on Sep 04, 2007
SOURCE: washing machine
That fault code is to do with the drain pump either its jammed or not working remove the front plate at the bottom of the machine undue the filter and check to see if it is either a blockage or something jammed in the pump..
hope this helps cheers
Posted on Jan 21, 2008
SOURCE: bosch 1400 exxcel
The machine thinks the drain is blocked.. check the pump and outlet pipe for buildup of dirt.
I noticed holding start down for several seconds whilst powering the machine on, then turning it off / then on again would clear the machine's idea of where it was during a program. Does this affect the error code you're seeing?
Posted on Jun 11, 2008
This error indicates an obstruction in the water pump. . Tip machine back so you can fit a bowl under the bottom right hand side. Flip back cover at bottom right to reveal pump filter access - unscrew (quite a bit of water comes out so have the bowl ready).
Posted on Sep 26, 2009
It means that the water is not draining fromthe machine inthe time allowed by the controller.
1. Switch off the machine and disconnect the mains power.
2. Remove the filter and make sure that the filter is not blocked and is clean and clear of all debris. Clean as required. Note that depending on the machine type you may get a lot of water coming out of the filter when you remove it if the machine has not drained successfully. Note that if the machine has stopped and not fully drained then you may be able to drain out the excess water by removing or disconnecting the waste hose and laying it on the ground in a tray.
3. Proceed by checking the drain hose for proper connection and kinks and make sure that it is not blocked.
4. Also check that the main waste drain pipe, if you use one, is not blocked and clean if required.
5. Reconnect the power and switch the machine on.
If the problem persists then do the following.
6. Switch off the machine and disconnect the mains power.
7. Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure it is operational.
8. Remove the connecting hoses, and expect water to drain out and make sure the pipes are not blocked with debris or any object blockage.
9. Makes sure the pump appears clear and that the impeller looks in good condition.
10. Reconnect the hoses and then reconnect power and switch the machine on.
11. If problem has not been corrected, then remove the pump and check that the drive coupling to the motor is OK and that the motor turns OK. If all is well then replace the pump.
Posted on Oct 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2016 | Bosch Dishwashers
Apr 13, 2015 | Washing Machines
Apr 02, 2010 | Bosch Exxcel WFX 2467 Front Load Washer
Oct 15, 2009 | Bosch Exxcel WFO 2264 Front Load Washer
Mar 01, 2009 | Bosch Washing Machines
Feb 03, 2009 | Washing Machines
May 26, 2008 | Bosch Exxcel WFO 2264 Front Load Washer
Apr 11, 2018 | Bosch Washing Machines
Apr 09, 2018 | Bosch Washing Machines
1,187 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!