- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
go to link # 1 and scroll down to Operation in green , click on How do i update the firmware on the AV700 TV? read it . this is the firmware update link # 2 KEY NOTE you might be able to find the problem you have on the first link
Initially, it would work better if you can provide the specific model numbers of the Sony Mini DV Cam and the Archos. Assuming all things even, most DV cameras have an analog A/V video OUT, in turn some Archos with recording capability have an analog A/V video IN. If this were the case, then it would be a matter of getting the right connectors/plugs + cable and/or adapter/interface.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information. Good luck and kind regards. Thank you for using FixYa.
Managed to resolve my dark screen issue. It is a little weird and not sure which combination actually got it going but it works. I firstly connected the TV POD unit to the AV700 and used the remote and no joy. With the TV POD unit still connected, I fiddled with the battery latch switch a few times and VOILA! - the screen came back to life and all is now good. I hope it is as easy as that for all of you....
1. Connect the archos to the TV ( using the 3 leads red/yellow/white into the TV or DVD player) and the other end of the lad, a single jack into the back of the archos mini set-top box. Plug the single jack into the "RV Output".
2. Then start playing a movie on the archos.
3. Then press down on the flat silver button on the top of the archos device. Your screen should turn black/blank. This means your sending your movie to your TV.
4. Tune your TV to find the Archos movie in the same way you would tune your TV to find another pay TV set-top box ( like cable TV or Satelite). Problem solved.
You can use the same steps to send archos music to your steroe. Just plug the audio leads (white & red) into your stereo instead of your TV.