1. Unplug the power and USB cables from the printer. I pried open my
C42UX printer, careful not to break anything. I use a flat blade
screwdriver to pry it apart; there are two-three tabs at the back and
two at the front. Gently push them in, and then using a bit of force
pry apart the cover.
2. Next I removed the two (2) waste ink pads.
They are located at the back on the left hand side. I used the flat
blade screwdriver to lift up the ink pads (they were soaked). Please
use rubber gloves as it gets very messy.
3. Next I took the pads to
the kitchen skin and washed them with just plain hot water until they
were white again. I just let the hot water run on them (the pads are
about three inches long).
4. Once washed I dried them using a hair
drier. (you could place it the sun for a few hours or on top of your
heater or maybe in a heated oven; (make sure you do not set it on fire
with too much heat).
5. Once dried I placed the pads back in the ink waste bin at the back of the printer.
6. I closed the printer cover and put back all the pieces and plugged in the USB & power cable and turned it on. (Yes the light
s are still flashing).
7. Go to this link and download this software: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html
8. Install the software and run it.
9. Select your printer and model number ( It only says C42 there is no
UX, choose it anyway).It will ask if you replaced with new pads; say
“YES”. Then close the window.
10. Now right click on the SSC service utility, it looks like a printer icon near your clock in the task bar.
11. Then click on reset counters. You can do all other stuff with this utility too.
12. Turn off the printer power and then turn it on again. If necessary
un-plug the power cord from the back of the printer, wait 20 seconds.
Plug it back in.
13. THERE YOU GO! IT WORKS AGAIN.
14. By the way I use generic ink and I fill my own cartridges. I use ink from www.atlanticinkjet.com. Great stuff.
try this and let me know it worked or not ...