- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Not knowing what printer or O/S you have, try this:
Open START, Control Panel, Printers.
Select the printer that needs tweaking.
It should open a pop-up screen for that printer.
Click PRINTER from top left and select "Printing Preferences" or "Properties" from the list.
Somewhere in there each manufacturer has availability to turn on or off many features of your printer, including cover page and start-up test.
This is also where you can change your default to print in grey-scale or low-mode which is also a great ink saver. MOST of what we print doesn't need to be in color or anything beyond ReadAble! When you want to print photos or special documents, it's simple to click back to color mode.
HOPE this helps ... Meezer
E2-2 = No paper (ASF) E3-3 = Paper jam E4 = No ink E5-5 = The ink cartridges are not installed or a non-supported ink cartridge is installed, or the ink cartridges are not installed properly E8 = Waste ink absorber full, or platen waste ink absorber full E9 = The connected digital camera / video camera does not support Camera Direct Printing E14 = The Ink cartridges whose destination are wrong E15 = Ink cartridge is not installed E16 - Ink remaining is unknown E16 -E19 = Failed to scan head alignment sheet E22 = Carriage error E23 = Paper feed error E24 = Purge unit error E25 = ASF(cam) sensor error E26 = Internal temperature rise error E27 = Waste ink absorber full or platen waste ink absorber full E28 = Ink cartridge temperature rise error - E29 = EEPROM error E33 = Paper feed position error E35 15 = USB Host VBUD overcurrent error - USB E37 17 = Abnormal motor driver error E40 20 = Other hardware error E42 22 = Scanner error
Perform these steps to reset the EEPROM
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button. 2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button. 3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection) 4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)note: press 4 times for waste ink counter reset.
The number of the Reset button pressing LED Function Remarks 0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print 2 times Green EEPROM print 3 times Orange EEPROM reset 4 times Green Waste ink counter reset
5) Turn off the printer.( it must be turn off) then turn it on again.
Thats because the Alignment was not completed sucessfully.
Remove both the ink cartridges from the All-In-One unplug the power cord from the Printer and also from the wall outlet.
Leave it unplugged for at least about 1Min time.
Now insert the ink cartridges back to the All-In-One and reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet and Al-In-One
And after it prints the alignmamnt page make sure to align the page as per the instructions either in the computer or in the All-In-One.
Can only think that if the printer has a menu screen there may be an option to turn off that function. If it is only happening when you use it within office software...that the option is there to switch off the function......more often than not that is the case.
I belive that after replacing the INk cartridges, you are
experiancing this problem. The Alignment test sheet always prints
everytime you turn on the printer, if u haven't completed the Alignment
To complete the Alignment process, >>Once the printer finished printing the Alignmnet test sheet. >> Place the Test sheet staright on the scanner glass facing down towards right hand corner. >>Press the scan button(color), the Power ON light will start flashing, wait until it stops flashing. >>Alignmnet process completed.