Question about Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full Version for PC
Hi there - another few :-) questions. Yes, I am researching and will continue to do so until we find your particular solution and completely FixYa - at least if it's at all possible. Before you get overwhelmed by this list, let me say that I have tried to look at a number of general type areas, as I am not at your machine, and perhaps some general area will strike with you as particularly relevant. Then we can focus on whatever we need to if the solution doesn't become readily apparent...
By the way, from last night's post, do you use Calendar, does it display tasks simultaneously, and is it in any way involved at the time of opening, or what window is Outlook opening to by default? What features are you using within the program, and do you have the Business Contact Manager installed?
1. Do you use profiles in Outlook, or is it "just you"?
2. Does this happen when you have just restarted your system? Is hibernation involved at any stage? If you hibernate, do you leave Outlook open?
3. Do you regularly backup the file? (If not, I would suggest doing this, so that if it reaches a state where it can't be recovered, you won't lose your data.)
4. How many e-mail accounts do you have set up, and are they local or going through Exchange Server?
5. Have you checked the Event Viewer to see what is being recorded when the freezes occur?
6. How long has Outlook 2007 been in place, and is this a new issue that just started happening?
7. Are you using any add-in products? Are you syncing at all?
When Outlook "freezes", what exactly occurs? By this, I mean such things as:
1. Do you get any type of error message? If so, what is it?
2. Does the entire system cease to function, mouse lock up, etc., or is it just that Outlook fails to respond?
3. If it is a lack of response, about how long would you say it is before you stop and restart it?
4. Again, if it is a lack of response, have you ever tried to let it just sit there until it does eventually start (if that could happen)? If not, you might try that at some point when you really don't have to be busy doing something with Outlook, and just see what happens.
5. How are you shutting it down - is it the whole system, are you closing the application with the red X, or using the Task Manager to end the app?
When you restart Outlook, then:
1. Do you see a message (perhaps with a progress bar) to the effect that "a data file didn’t close correctly the last time and Outlook is checking it for errors"? If so, does this only occur at the final time when it starts working again?
2. How is the response time when it is working - overall very slow with minimal size e-mails retained and using basically just e-mail, or quick & fine with large files, using virtually all features?
There are many sources that indicate severe issues with the speed (lack of it) of Outlook 2007, which apparently is much greater if mail files are large. For example, if your main inbox is GB's worth of data, it is heartily suggested that it be broken down, moved and separated into separate files, archived, etc. I personally don't want all my material moved, and am still on 2003. But I have seen and worked with 2007, and I will help you. Perhaps something in the many questions I have posted here will lead us to a FixYa - I hope! I will await further info.... Thanks!
Posted on Apr 30, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2015 | Activision Call of Duty: Ghosts Full...
Jul 22, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 15, 2010 | ATI RADEON 9550 Graphic Card
May 19, 2010 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Feb 23, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 18, 2009 | ASUS P5P800S Motherboard
May 14, 2009 | VIA ECS PM800-M2 PM800 P4FSB 800 Supports...
Jan 30, 2009 | Acer Extensa 4620 Notebook
Sep 08, 2008 | Computers & Internet
109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: