***Using the Start Menu
***Using the 'three finger salute'
- Press a Windows key (the ones with the Windows symbol on as shown right), this will open up the Start Menu.
- Use the cursor keys (the ones with arrows on) to highlight 'Turn off Computer' and press Enter to select it
- A dialog box will open. Use the cursor keys to to highlight 'Shutdown computer', 'Turn off' or whatever your version of Windows says, and press Enter again.
Hold down Ctrl and Alt, and press Delete.
Windows 2000 and XP Home Edition users will be presented with a dialog box with buttons on:
- · Use the cursor keys to select the 'Shut Down' button and use Enter to select it.
- · Select 'Shut down' from the list using the cursor keys and press Enter one more time.
In other versions of Windows the Task Manager will open:
***Hit Alt F4 'till you can't any more
- · Hold down Alt and press U to open the 'Shut Down' menu.
- · Use the cursor keys to highlight 'Turn Off' and press Enter.
The final method of shutting down that I will explain here is to hold down the Alt key and press F4 repeatedly. This will close every application that is open on Windows and eventually will close Windows itself. You may be asked if you want to save files by some programs, if so use the cursor keys and Enter to get past these dialog boxes.