Microsoft has a support page
to help you with your NAT settings. The prescribed solution is to "open" the following ports on your router:
1- Using your Browser, Log on to your router (by normally typing in the192.168.1.1 address check your router's manual to see what the defaultgateway address)
2- If you already know how to log in to your router, then skip thisstep. If you have never logged on to your router then more than likelyyou still have the default initial log in credentials (username: admin- Password:1234 ..... Again check your router's manual to be sure). Theminute you log in you need to change that password immediately, mostnetwork-savvy folks know that 90% of the people out there never resettheir router's initial password and they can log on and make anychanges to suit their needs, including locking you out of your ownrouter.
3- Once you are logged in click on sercruity, scroll tot he bottom and make sure "Filter Internet NAT Redirection" is set to "disabled"
4. now click on advanced routing
Nat is enabled.
5. now click on applications and gaming.
you should be able to find two advance settings (One if for NAT - and the other is for Upnp)
4- Let's start with the NAT setting changes, and we will edit theUpnp settings at the end.
6- You will need to find out what the static/dynamic (preferablyStatic) IP address you xbox360 has. To do so, go to the Dashboard, goto the Console settings page, and click on the network settings to seethe IP address (should be something like 192.168.1.x). You will needthat IP address to enter into your NAT table on your router.
7- Once you got your XBOX's IP address enter it in the NAT PortForwarding table (From - To - IP address:)
8 - In the first line enter 88 under both "From" and To" fields, thenenter the IP address of the xbox in the field where you are to enter anIP address. (this is for UDP port)
9 - Repeat the same step for port TCP (which is 3074)
10- If these changes do not help open your NAT settings, then try theUpnp option. Click on your Upnp Advances settings enter the same information with the ip, and make sure UDP are enabled and checked for. use the port #s for your info as well in the chart. you can name them what ever u want under the application column.
thend o the same for
just make sure the tcp is checked and not udp.
if that doesnt work we can do a full reset on your router.Reset for most routers with a reset button on the rear panel
Write down configuration information such as IP addresses, securitykeys, opened ports and services, etc., that you modified. (The defaultusername is admin
and the password is either password
. Try these before resetting the router.)
- Press the reset button on the back until the test light blinks.This takes about 10 seconds. (To avoid accidental resets, the smallbutton is recessed. Use a pen or paperclip to access it.)
- Release the button.
- Wait for the router to reboot.
- Log in with the default password.If the router configuration was not cleared, try these additional steps AFTER the router has finished rebooting.
- Unplug the router's power.
- Press and hold the reset button. While the button is held down, reconnect router's power.
- Continue to hold the reset button for 20 seconds after reconnecting the power.
- Wait for the router to reboot.
- Log in with the default password.
please rate me, and mark this fixya if it has helped.