I have installed this to duct all fumes out through an exhaust stack. It seems that the vent door opening, when I select the vent fan, allows fumes to bypass the grease filter. Is there any way to cancel that option so all of it goes through the filter?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This moisture can accumulate from certain types of cooking (lots of boiling) in the microwave or in extreme cases, from a blocked grease filter or exhaust vent duct.
Spills or large amounts of accumulated moisture should be wiped off. Minor amounts can dry out by themselves easier if you leave the door open after cooking.
Also, when boiling on the stovetop, you should always use the hood vent exhuast fan to keep steam and grease out of the controls and the door area of the microwave. I always recommend using the vent fan with any cooking on the stovetop.
As long as it is not rusting the metal mesh screen or other parts of the door, it can be allowed to dry out over a period of days with the door open.
If it is a convection microwave, using the convection heat will help it dry.
Some microwaves have a adjustable fan. We have one that you can vent out the back, the back top or through the front top filters. The latter is what it sounds like you have. If you take the small back panel off and lift out the fan motor you'll see that you can place it in the direction you like.\\
Two problems found. The electrician that installed the micro. installed it incorrectly. The fan was supposed to be turned so that the exhaust would go through the pre-installed duct in the wall. To remove the grill, there is two screws on top of the micro. which have to be removed. The builder put in a deeper cabinet that covers the screws because it looks better. To fix it I have to drop the micro, take off the grill, clean it and all the grease off the micro., replace the charcoal filter, turn the fan so it will exhaust through the duct and reinstall the micro.
You can remove the exhaust turbine unit with one screw and reinstall microwave and buy a braun external exhaust unit that fits over the hole where it is at the roof or wall and all of the noise will be outside and it will actually work. It is weather proof and will **** steam or fumes out like the best vacuum cleaner.
"Microhood" seems to be a slang term for the "microwave hood" (hood fan or exhaust fan) which is normally part of an over-the-range microwave oven or range.
But these should be available separately, as I seem to recall.
I would contact home centers such as Lowe's, Home Depot (if they still exist), etc., or a local appliance store.
From looking at the owner's manual, it looks like the vent fan is only supposed to come on when the internal temperature of the microwave gets too high OR when you press the VENT FAN pad.
Here are a couple of fan-related excerpts from the owner's manual, which can be found here:
(or the better URL here: http://tinyurl.com/yn7r6g)
An automatic fan feature protects the microwave from too much heat rising from the cooktop below it. It automatically turns on if it senses too much heat.
If you have turned the fan on, you may find that you cannot turn it off. The fan will automatically turn off when the internal parts are cool. It may stay on for 30 minutes or more after the cooktop and microwave controls are turned off.
The vent fan removes steam and other vapors from surface cooking.
Press VENT FAN once for high fan speed, twice for medium fan speed, a third time for low faw speed, or a fourth time to turn the fan off.
Press the VENT FAN BOOST pad for extra fan speed.
Hope this helps.