Question about HP DeskJet 656cvr InkJet Printer
I have a paper jam (my own fault!) but do not have rear door access on my printer. How do I unjam it?
I'm afraid my solution was a very untechnical one - I tore off the damaged pieces of paper that I could reach, then spent a very long time gently pulling on individual pieces of paper, which were at first jammed solid, until at last one "gave", and I was able to withdraw the other pieces.
I'm sure there must be an easier way by dismantling something, but I didn't want to do that without advice.
Posted on Apr 30, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2011 | HP Deskjet F4100 All-In-One InkJet Printer
To clear a paper jam
1. Remove the paper from the paper tray.
2. If you are printing labels, verify that a label did not become detached from the label sheet while passing through the printer.
3. Turn off the printer.
4. Remove the rear access door. Press the handle to the right, and then pull out the door.
5. Remove the paper jam from the back of the printer, and then replace the rear access door securely.
6. If the paper jam cannot be removed from the back of the printer, raise the printer cover, remove the paper jam from the front of the printer, and then lower the cover.
Caution Remove the paper jam carefully as it is possible to damage the printer when removing paper from the front.
7. Reload paper in the paper tray.
8. Turn on the printer.
9. Reprint the document
if this does not help I would suggest installing a new driver from: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&docname=c00211293&product=1839853&
Trust this is helpful. :)
Dec 08, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1320 Printer
Jun 10, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
May 24, 2010 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
Mar 17, 2010 | HP DeskJet 960c InkJet Printer
Jan 16, 2010 | HP DeskJet 656c InkJet Printer
Dec 26, 2009 | HP DeskJet 2600 InkJet Printer
Jan 29, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: