How can i put a themes in my nokia n95 8gb?
Before installing any software go to
Menu> App.Manager> Options> Settings> Software Installation
In Software Installation make it ALL. This change is important, otherwise you will get an Error message Certificate Error. Contact the application supplier while installing most freeware
Also, if you see that some old themes are giving the Expired Certificate error, simply change the date of your phone to year either 2005 or 2006 or 2007 (check all as each theme has a different expiry) before installing the theme. After installation you can change back to today's date.
Now, here is the way to install themes and other applications in your Nokia . I use the USB Cable to do the installations.
1. First install the Nokia PC Suite software on your computer from the CD which you recieved with your Nokia
2. After Nokia PC Suite is installed in your PC, connect the Nokia to the PC with the USB cable which was provided in the box.
3. When the USB cable is connected, Nokia PC Suite will recognise that a phone is connected. You will then see an option on your phone?s screen asking if you want to connect via PC Suite or Data Transfer. Choose PC Suite.
4. Now, simply download the .sis or .java files (themes & applications) to your computer and Right Click on it with your mouse. You will see an option saying Install With Nokia Application Installer
5. Click Yes on the PC, and then Yes & Continue on the Phone when you see the prompts.
6. The phone will then ask you if you want to Install the Theme or Application in the Phone Memory or Memory Card.
I strongly recommend Installing themes in the Phone Memory! This helps in avoiding complications later on when Uninstalling.
When I first bought the Nokia N95, I made a mistake which a lot of new S60 3rd Edition users make, that is, I installed the Themes in the Memory Card instead of the Phone Memory. This was a huge mistake!
There is a bug in the Operating System of all S60 3rd Edition phones, due to which, if the theme is installed in the Memory Card, it cannot be deleted or removed, as it then does not show up in the Application Manager.
Ever since that mistake, I have made sure to always install themes and softwares in the Phone Memory, instead of the memory card. Yes, it eats up space on the phone, but it's worth it, as then it is easily removed as well.
And that's it, the theme or application is now installed!
Thanks for using Fixya.
Mar 14, 2011 |
Nokia N95 Cellular Phone