Question about 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
I have a 2WIRE 2701 modem and when I disconnect the yellow cord from my laptop, I can no longer access the internet. What can I try to correct this problem?
First, make sure that the wireless switch on your computer is on.
Then try following these steps:
1) Go to Start and click on Connect to.
2) Connect to a network window will appear. This window will show all available connections, which are dial-up, VPN and wireless connections, but your focus is on wireless connections. Scroll down the list and select the wireless network that you wish to connect, finally click the Connect button.
Note: If the network you choose is security-enabled network, means require authentication. One of the following will occur:
- If the network key is automatically provided by your network or system administrator (that is, the network supports IEEE 802.1x), the connection will be made automatically.
- If the network key is not automatically provided, type in the key. The key can be WEP/WPA/WPA2 encryption key.
Note: If you see the network is tagged as unnamed network, that is non-broadcast network with hidden SSID. When you make connection to this type of network, you will be prompted to type the wireless network name (SSID).
3) Once you connected to wireless network, the connection will show connected.
Then, you can go online. :)
Posted on May 01, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 09, 2017 | NetGear RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N...
Jan 02, 2013 | NetGear RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N...
Apr 02, 2011 | 2wire (1000-400108-001) Router
Mar 25, 2010 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Aug 05, 2009 | 2wire HomePortal 1000HW DSL Modem and...
Jul 27, 2009 | D-Link Air DWL 520 802.11b (DWL-520)...
May 22, 2009 | 2wire (1000-000057-000) Modem
Jan 14, 2009 | 2wire HomePortal® 1800HW Router...
Nov 22, 2008 | 2wire (1000-000057-000) Modem
Jun 04, 2008 | 2wire (1000-000057-000) Modem
394 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: