Question about Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
Can you tell me the steps I need to do to format the hard drive on my Dell Dimension 4500? Thanks
If you are formatting your computer for the first time and if you bought your computer after 2005 then just press <Ctrl> + <F11> keys right at the dell logo on startup, you will boot to dell PC restore. This will restore your computer back to the factory settings including WinXP, all the drivers and softwares.
If you bought your computer before oct 2005: then follow these steps.
1) start you computer and at the dell splash logo tap <Del> key to enter setup. (restart and retry till you see entering setup)
2) select Boot from the tabs above using arrow keys.
3) select boot device priority press <ENTER>.
4) select ATAPI CDROM, <ENTER>.
5). insert WIN XP CD in the top drive of the computer and press <F10> select yes.(this will restart your computer).
6) after reboot you will see " press any key to boot from CD" press any key within 5 sec on this message.
7) Press <ENTER> to install
8) Press <F8> on next screen
9) Press <ESC> on next screen(Options may vary on this screen , read instructions).
10) select partition using arrow keys press <ENTER>
11) select NTFS/NTFS quick, anyone. and press F on the next screen...
this wil start WIn XP set up and concludes the formatting of the HDD with Win XP CD.
Posted on Jun 01, 2008
Sure..use an installation cd, then run it from the my computer panel...boot from the cd..
Posted on Apr 28, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 03, 2010 | Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
Feb 17, 2010 | Dell Dimension 4500S PC Desktop
Feb 04, 2010 | Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
May 16, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
Mar 05, 2009 | Dell Factory Refurbished 4500-7MMF821...
Feb 27, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
Jan 25, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
187 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!