Question about Canon imageCLASS MF5550 All-In-One Laser Printer
Alarm will not go off. we have changed the paper, reinserted cartridge, closed the front cover and still alarm will not go off.
Tips for a great answer:
1. Remove the sheets of
paper from the feeder. Make sure there are no foreign objects or debris in the
2. Open the printer
cover and remove both the cartridges.
3. While the cover is
open, ensure there are no paper jams and the cartridge carrier is free from
4. Close the printer
5. Unplug and re-plug
the printer into the power source to reset it.
6. When the printer
turns on, reinsert one cartridge first.
7. Close the printer
cover and check for errors.
8. If no error appearsl, open the printer cover and reinsert the other cartridge. Check for errors.
9. Replace whichever
cartridge is causing the error to appear with a new cartridge. You can also try
to insert a different known working cartridge to determine if the other is
10. Load some paper. Try
to print again.
If the problem continues, please contact Lexmark Technical Support Center for additional assistance.
Aug 11, 2011 | Lexmark X125 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 26, 2011 | Dell 1110 Laser Printer
Jul 26, 2011 | Lexmark X1240 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 26, 2011 | Lexmark X75 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Leading cause of paper jams is debris/foreign objects
that accidentally fell into the paper feed area.
1. Remove the sheets of paper from the feeder.
2. Grab a flashlight and look inside for any debris.
3. If you're willing and physically able, you may also
turn the printer over. Any debris should just freely roll out from the feeder.
4. If feeder is clear, place the printer back on the
table, open the printer cover and remove the cartridges.
5. Check the cartridge area for any obstructions/debris
that could cause this error or problem.
6. If cartridge area is clear, close the cover.
7. Unplug and re-plug the printer into the power outlet
to reset it.
8. When the printer turns on, reinsert the cartridges and
load some paper. Try to print again.
ns Serif"'>6. When the printer turns on, reinsert one cartridge first.
7. Close the printer cover and check for any errors.
8. If no error appears, reinsert the other cartridge.
Close the printer cover.
9. Replace whichever cartridge is causing the error to appear with a new cartridge.
Jul 06, 2011 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 17, 2010 | Samsung Printers & Copiers
Aug 05, 2010 | HP DeskJet 3650 InkJet Printer
Jan 02, 2010 | HP DeskJet 3940 InkJet Photo Printer
May 13, 2009 | Dell 1700 Laser Printer
Dec 08, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
153 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: