Question about Refrigerators
I had that same issue - a little tricky to describe the fix, but here goes (very non-technical terms used here):
1) take the freezer door off if it hasn't already fallen off
2) unscrew the single screw that holds the plate (that the freezer door attaches to), onto the interior side wall of the fridge.
3) gentle ease the plate away from the fridge wall. It has some plugs that expand to keep in snug to the wall. Now that the plate is off you can work more easily with the spring and door.
4) The spring has 3 parts, the hockey stick end, the spring tube in the middle, and the u-shaped end. The door has a longer top guide (male) and a lower, shorter guide (male), and a tiny hole about 1/2 inch from the top guide. The plate has a bottom bracket (female), a top hole (female), and the top ledge that contains the top hole.
5) insert the hockey stick end of the spring into the tiny hole of the door while fitting the spring tube over the doors top male guide.
6) (this is the tricky part) - force the u-shaped end of the spring so it straddles the top ledge of the plate so that one part of the wire is above the plate and one part of the wire in below the plate.
7) while doing #6, the top male guide of the door should be inserted into the top female hole of the plate
8) snap the lower male guide of the door onto the female guide of the plate
9) you now have the door assembly intact. gently push the plugs of the plate back into the side of the fridge and screw the screw in.
It took me awhile to figure out, and the above instructions are from memory so if I got it a little wrong, you'll hopefully be able to figure it out. The keys were understanding where the spring fit and taking the plate off the fridge. Good luck.
Posted on Nov 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 09, 2016 | Refrigerators
Oct 11, 2011 | Maytag PYE2300AY Electric Dryer
Dec 31, 2010 | Electrolux EIFLW55I Washer
Aug 19, 2010 | U-Line 15R Compact Refrigerator
Aug 14, 2009 | U-Line 15R Compact Refrigerator
Nov 14, 2008 | GE ZICS360NMRH Monogram® 36" Built-In...
Nov 03, 2008 | LG GC-051SS Compact Refrigerator
Sep 16, 2008 | Cameras
Jun 15, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
470 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!