Question about Dryers
Ordered drum from Sears parts. 3045EL1002D
Cost of 85$ + 15 to ship. It came in 5 days.
Here is how to do it on a DLE2514W. Takes about an hour. I only used a phillips screw
driver. Take your time and look over the situation. I hope that I rememberd
everything. Good luck.
Dryer Drum Repair
Dryer Drum Repair
1. Remove L bracket with 6 screws at the top, rear.
2. Slide top back 2 inches to unlatch and remove.
3. Remove control panel with 2 screws at top, inside corners.
4. Carefully unplug 4 plugs from back of control panel.
5. Looking at inside at the top. Remove wiring bundle from 2 guides.
6. Unplug wire from dryer light.
7. Open dryer door and unscrew 2 screws behind door just below lint trap.
8. Remove 4 screws at top of front panel that holds the door.
9. Lift up front panel to remove. I couldn't get the door switch plug to disconnect
so I carefully rotated it an set it on top of the dryer.
10. Remove upper case bracket with 2 screws in front and 2 screws inside at top.
11. slide up a bit to unlock from sides. Watch routing of dryer switch wire bundle.
12. Remove lint trap duct with 2 machine screws. Carefully slide down to remove.
13. Remove front drum support with 4 screws attached to sides. Lift up to disengage
sides. Lift drum to free from rollers.
14. Observe how drive belt is routed around motor and tension roller. Push tension
roller up and release belt. Carefully take belt off and remove.
15. Almost done. Lift drum up at rear to free from rear rollers. Remove.
16. While your're there vacuume up dust and reverse procedure to install.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
Thanks for the solution. I figured out how to remove the drum the other day. Since this is a ongoing problem with the drum i figured a new one is going to fail someday so i took my cracked drum to a weld shop and had them tack weld in a few locations (inside and outside) and fix the crack at the seam. My cost was $30. I installed it and it seems to be working great.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Cracked drum on LG dryer
visit this online store I believe the price is $164 before shiping.Thanks for your interest in Fixya.http://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/search/partinfo.php?partsID=324980&modelsID=125623&typeName=applianceshvac
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
This is usually the motor but not always. Remove the belt. Check for obstructions in the blower fan housing. Manually rotate the shaft of the motor.
If the motor is very stiff, or impossible to rotate manually, and the blower fan housing is clear, you need to replace the motor. If the motor rotates freely, run the motor momentarily with the belt removed and the blower in place. If the motor runs fine with the belt removed, there may be a problem with the idler pulley or the clothes drum. Try to rotate the drum by hand. If it is very difficult to move, correct any problem with the rollers, pulley, rear bearing, then reassemble the dryer and try it again. If the motor hums but doesn't rotate on its own even with the belt removed--yet you can turn it freely by hand--you usually need to replace the motor or the motor start capacitor. You can also enter your model # for diagrams and illustrations at www.appliancehelponline.com
Posted on Mar 31, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 26, 2014 | Dryers
Mar 31, 2010 | LG DLE5977 Electric Dryer
Nov 18, 2009 | LG DLE5977 Electric Dryer
Oct 10, 2009 | LG DLE5977 Electric Dryer
Aug 28, 2009 | LG DLE5977 Electric Dryer
Feb 10, 2009 | LG DLE2515S Gas Dryer
May 22, 2018 | Maytag Dryers
2,319 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!