Question about RCA R56WH76 Projection Television

2 Answers

RCA R56WH78 i have something like a 3d picture with a slight bow in it. I know it is a convergence problem, but what.......from what I have read, most of the time it is the STK. Where can I buy these and can I do this myself. No, I am not an expert at all, but I do work on computers for a living. Is this way over my head, or can it be done with some instructions. I really can't afford a $350-400 bill right now for a tv.

Posted by on

  • 2 more comments 
  • jhvogel1 May 14, 2008

    I have a R56WH78 and have the same problem, i also noticed that the convergence setting is gone from the menu. a local repair shop told me that it would cost 400.00 to fix and had a 50 inch that was just repaired with the same problem but didn't want to offer any help. if you find a repair would you e-mail me at if you will send me your e-mail address I will do the same, thanks, Joe

  • housengfab Oct 23, 2008

    I have the same problem and would like to fix it myself where can I get the part from

  • maklrk4 Oct 28, 2008

    Willtab, et al...SORRY for the multiple postings! I have the exact same problem...have ordered part 259213, have removed the back covers to access the circuit boards, but I'm very much an amateur at this... Which board is the blown fl231 on, and how will I identify the fuse itself... Thanks!

  • Anonymous May 22, 2009

    same problem



2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,030 Answers

Ok first question i have for you your setup options in the main menu do you have a convergence option... if you dont it is probaly a very specail fuse that lets the set know it is a projection tv with 3 tubes ...fl231... if you can get this fuse rca part #259213 and you can solder. i can tell you how to fix this and it will cost u 5 bucks and no more than an hour

Posted on Jun 13, 2008

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

Willtab, I have the same problem, have ordered my replacement part #259213, removed the back panels to access the circuit boards, but am an amateur to say the least...which board is the blown fuse on and how will I identify the fuse? Thanks!

Posted on Oct 28, 2008

  • maklrk4 Oct 28, 2008

    Willtab, I have the exact same problem...have ordered part 259213, have removed the back covers to access the circuit boards, but I'm very much an amateur at this... Which board is the blown fl231 on, and how will I identify the fuse itself... Thanks!



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Were is the convergence board located on my tv

The convergence is split between 4 different boards on the rca itc222 model. depending on the symptoms of the picture will determine which one is at fault. What does your picture look like? is it bowed in at top and bottom? Is the picture 3d can you see red blue and geen? When you go into customer setup menu do you see the convergence options. if you see these what effect do they have. Let me know and i will help you isolate the problem....DOnt know but it could be the common fl231 fuse problem. read this to see if you do and let me know how i can help

Feb 03, 2011 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer


Yes,convergence is dead,U know how to solder right?Buy the convergence kit,replace what in that kit.Also buy a DVD for instructions,never done this before,for safety reasons.Tries these websites Tv Repair Or

Sep 29, 2009 | RCA R52WM24 52" HDTV Projection Television

2 Answers

I have 3d on my 52 inch rca and go to set up convergence isnt there this something i can fix?

Yes its a easy an inexspensive repair. has the ITC222 and ITC222A convergence option missing repair kit. The kit contains the parts and CD with instructions.

Sep 24, 2009 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

3d like picture, 3 colors bending across screen. convergence option gone from menu

There are bad solder connections on the flyback transformer and fuse #FL231 is open. Pretty hard to repair this yourself.

May 26, 2009 | RCA R56WH76 Projection Television

1 Answer

The convergence box keeps going out.

this 3d effect is due to what is known as convergence.i work daily on these set in the shop. (thats a good testomony for these LOL) but the first question i ask is 1 in the customer setup do you have convergence option.. Next question is the picture bow tie looking and 3d. if you are missing the convergence option chances are it is the fl231 fuse. then you need to read the fl231 fuse under tips and tricks section of this website. Convegence is controled by three cuicit boards. if any of these need to be replace a technician may need to set or adjust the convergence back to faactory specs

Apr 18, 2009 | RCA HD56W66 56" HDTV

1 Answer

Bow tie looking picture with 3d color mis-alignment

you have lost convergence. First thing to check is to see if you are missing the convergence option in the customer setup menu. if you do not have this option then i suggest reading the article in the tips and tricks section entiltled "the fl231 fuse problem" this is a common and sometime easy repair if you do have it then you might need a convergence power board

Mar 09, 2009 | RCA R52WH73 Projection Television

1 Answer

RCA R56WH78 picture quality is blurry/3D

rubber cap? i dont feel you have the correct fuse. fl231 is a small rectangular brown fuse next to flyback. I have written detail instructions on the replacement of this fuse. look under willtab profile under tips in tricks section. intitles the fl231 fuse problem. this also help you indetify if this is the problem.

Nov 22, 2008 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Picture problem

3d pitures are a indication of convergence problem. is the picutre bowed in at top and bottom. DO you have the convergence option under the setup menu.

Nov 03, 2008 | RCA HD52W56 52" Rear Projection HDTV

1 Answer

RCA big Screen

Convegence problems are so common on these sets. The bowing picture indicates to me that you have lost complete convergence. Now the first question that i always ask is do you have the convergence option under setup in the customer menu. If you do not then i say congratulations this is a simple inexpensive repair if you can solder a component. this is known as the fl231 problem and i have a article relating to the problem under my profile in tips and tricks section. that goes into detail on how to repair this problem.. If you do have the convergence option then we wil have to go further into troubleshooting. there are three possible cuircits that effect this.. if you do have convergence. try autoconvergence option and see how far it gets. let me know how it goess.

Oct 31, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

Not finding what you are looking for?

Open Questions:

RCA R56WH76 Projection Television Logo

615 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75157 Answers


Level 3 Expert

905 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1213 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides