An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: dell e510 cd dvd rw not working
Try going into your Device manager start right click on my computer click on properties then click hardware tab. Under this tab click device Manager. Under disc drives find the drive that you are having problems with and right click on it. Then try to update drivers. If this dose not work do the same thing but this time uninstall the drive. After it uninstalls go to your controll pannel and click on add hardware. It should find and reinstall the cd rom and it's associated files and hopefully work once again.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
OK, first of all you said you put a blank DvD in the drive. Make sure your dell has a DvD writer. Look on the drawer of the drive and see does it say DvDrw or DvDROM. It has to say Rw for rewritable and not ROM for Read Only Media. Maybe you have a Combo Drive that is DvDrom and CDrw which means it will read both DvD's and Cd's but in can only Write CD's.
If in fact you do have a DvD writer make sure you're not trying to put a Blue Ray disc in the drive.
Lastly, remove the DvD from the drive. Click Start/My Computer. Notice what it brings up as to your DvD Drive. Does it Say DvDrw or just plain ole DvD. DvD means it will only read a DvD.
1. Go to the Dell.com support site and be sure you have the latest updates for your computer's operating system and the DVD drive, especially the DVD drive's drivers BIOS.
2. Make sure you have the software to play the movie, like Sonic, Windows Media Player, Power DVD, Quicktime, etc. and be sure they are the latest versions.
3. Depending on the movie format, not all DVD drives will play all DVDs. The most common discs are DVD-R and DVD+R and file types like *.avi, *.mpeg, *.mp4, *.mov and then commercial formats. Also try the movie in another machine or DVD player and see what happens.
The 4600 has PowerDVD to play DVDs (You should have the software CD to install it on the 3000) DVD burning software would be Roxio/Sonic, and you should have that CD too.
If you don't have the CDs, then try download.com to download Free player software and Burning software
good morning! please try to check the jumper settings (Master/Slave) as well as the cable connections of your CD/DVD ROM, if still CD/DVD Drive doesn't work, kindly try to connect/use another CD/DVD ROM - if this work, then the previous CD/DVD ROM laser lens is defective. best regards
Simply change the ROM to DVD RW drive since this is an old PC and now days nobody uses a dvd rom but a dvd writer. It will be worth it since it can do all the functions and is also more hardy........sodeep