- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Disconnect all speaker connections and rca cables. Leave power, ground and remote wires intact. Try turning on again. If you still have a protection light your amp is faulty. Hopefully you have warranty. Your amp is clipping.
A thumbs up would be greatly appreciated if this answer is helpful to you. GOD BLESS YOU.
Disconnect all speaker connections and rca cables. Leave power, ground and remote wires intact. Try turning on again. If you still have a protection light your amp is faulty. Hopefully you have warranty. Time to get an old school Opti Drive.
.A thumbs up would be greatly appreciated if this answer is helpful to you.
try hooking up only the power ground and remote see what happens if protection light is on then u have a problem with amp if it goes off then hook up rca if still off then hook up speaker wire if it turns on then u have a prob with speakers
Did you disconnect the battery? You may have bowwn a fuse, but that prolly wouldnt give you a protect light. Protect light usually means a short circuit, probably on the speaker end, sure there couldnt be maybe a single strand of wire crossing over the positive and negative speaker or amp terminals.
Disconnect all speaker wires from the speaker terminals of the amp and disconnect signal cables from the amp. If it powers up, the wiring needs to be checked. If the protect light remains on, the amp likely has blown output transistors.
The red light means the amp is in protection mode. A few things can cause protection mode.....
First disconnect the subs completely from the amp, and turn it on, if it powers up you have blown subs.
Also try checking the main power wire at the battery...sometimes the current your meter is seeing is backfeeding from the remote wire, so your main power line could be blown at the fuse under the hood.
hope this helps