The belkin rounter of my dad's laptop was installed without password setting. i tried to set it up on 192.168.2.1 configuration page. i was notified that the rounter will restart again itself...thereafter...
If you can still remember the password that you entered on the configuration page, follow the steps below:
1. In the lower right corner of your screen (near the time and date), right click on the wireless network connection icon, then select view available wireless networks. Or, if your wireless adapter has its own wireless utility, you should see that in the lower right corner of your screen.
2. You should see the router's wireless network name (SSID). By default, the SSID is "belkin54g". Select the SSID and it will prompt you for the network key.
3. The network key is the password that you entered on the router configuration page.
If you cannot remember the password that you entered, follow the steps below.
a. Connect your computer to the router using an ethernet cable.
b. Access the setup page by typing 192.168.2.1 in the address bar.
c. Go to Wireless -> Security. Copy the network key.
d. Then follow steps 1-4 above.
For the MAC computer:
1. From the Airport menu, select the SSID.
4. When asked for a password, enter the network key that you entered on the router.
I hope this helps!
Jun 13, 2010 |
Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable...