Question about Cell Phones
There are basically 3 steps to installing the Mighty ROM on your Touch PRO.
1. Unlock the thing.
- Go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503
and go to the bottom of the first post on that thread and download the “Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.zip.” P.S. you’ll need to sign up for ppcgeeks.com to be able to download this file. ONLY DOWNLOAD THAT FILE IF YOU HAVE THE TOUCH PRO FROM SPRINT! All other devices, will have to do their own research.
- As you can see, the file you’re downloading is a .zip file, so you will probably need to install 7-zip or some program that allows you to extract .zip files. Just go to the 7-zip install link (previous sentence) and download the .exe file and install it. If you don’t know how to do that, then you should probably think twice before flashing your ROM. Nonetheless, even the noobest of noobs can accomplish all things, so hang in there.
- Once you have 7-zip installed, find the “Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.zip” folder on your computer wherever you downloaded it to, right-click it and “7-zip” > “Extract to ‘Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.zip/’”.
- Make an ActiveSync connection by plugging your phone into your computer.
- Find the folder that contains the extracted Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037 file inside it.
- When your phone is connected via ActiveSync, open the Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037 file by double-clicking it.
- Follow the instructions it provides.
2. Flash the ROM
- Now that your Sprint phone is unlocked (using the instructions provided above), go to this URL: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52695 and download the Mighty ROM by clicking the big yellow (at least it is right now) “DOWNLOAD” button.
- The download may take some time, but when you have finished downloading the file, you will need to extract the contents. See the 7-zip instructions above for extracting. It’s the same process.
- Now connect your phone to your computer again and make an ActiveSync connection. Open the “Custom_RUU” file inside of the “mightyrom_” folder by double-clicking.
- This will bring up instructions similar to when you unlocked your phone. Follow the instructions and wait until it’s done flashing.
- Do the usual windows mobile setup by taping the screen to align it and what not when prompted. The first time you start the phone after a flash it will go super-slow. Be patient.
- If your phone won’t flash for some reason, you probably didn’t bother to unlock it. Go back to the first step. If you did do that and your phone is jacked up, don’t blame me. You better hope that it breaks suddenly so you have an excuse to use your insurance – not advocating insurance fraud, jus’ sayin.’ Once you unlock your phone, it is void of Sprint’s software insurance warranty, so don’t call them crying about how you bricked your phone.
3. Restore your contacts
- Reinstall the PPCPimbackup program the same way you installed it before the flash. Now click “restore” from the little drop-down menu. Now navigate to the file that you saved when you backed up your contacts. It will be wherever you saved it on your storage card. Then finish whatever else it tells you to do. It’s pretty self-explanatory. Now your contacts should be back on your phone.
4. Enjoy how super-quick your new ROM is compared to Sprint’s ROM.
Once you go through this process once, you will probably be addicted. That is – you will want to flash to multiple ROMs to see which one is the fastest and most bug-free. To flash to another ROM all you will have to do is download it and extract it (like in step 2). In other words: you only need to unlock your phone once.
Posted on Aug 08, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 24, 2014 | HTC Cell Phones
on Mar 12, 2009 | HTC Touch Pro Smartphone
Mar 06, 2014 | Samsung Cell Phones
Nov 27, 2017 | HTC Touch Pro2 T7378 Sprint WiFi 3G GSM...
You can easily unlock HTC Touch Pro2. Just insert Invalid Sim card. it will ask you for unlock code. Enter unlock code. Your Locked Touch Pro will be Unlocked and able to accept any GSM Sim card.
You should buy an unlock code from a trusted HTC unlocking service.
Check the recommended link.
Feb 12, 2013 | HTC Touch Pro 2 / Tilt 2/ HTC XV6875/ S510...
Dec 14, 2011 | HTC Touch Pro 2 / Tilt 2/ HTC XV6875/ S510...
Nov 25, 2011 | HTC Touch Pro 2 / Tilt 2/ HTC XV6875/ S510...
Oct 22, 2011 | HTC EVO 4G Smartphone
99 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!