Hi there. Firstly... make your mom a cup of tea . You know how to calm her down . Then take on this task . It looks like a impossible task , but just follow the instructions . You can do this:
Install the Windows 8.1 Update (KB 2919355)
- Microsoft support.
This error might mean that a file needed by Windows Update is damaged or missing. Here are a few steps you can try to fix the problem:
- Run the Windows 8.1 Update troubleshooter to fix the problem.
- Install the Windows 8.1 Update or Windows RT 8.1 Update.
- If you're running Windows 8.1, go to the Microsoft Download Center:
- If you're running Windows RT 8.1, try to install Windows RT 8.1 Update (KB 2919355) again from Windows Update.
This error might mean that a driver or other software on your PC isn't compatible with the update. For info about how to fix this problem, contact Microsoft support
This error might mean that your PC couldn't connect to the Windows Update servers. If you're using a VPN connection to connect to a work network, disconnect from the network and turn off the VPN software (if applicable) and then try to install the update again.
The error could also mean there isn't enough free space in the System Reserved partition. You might be able to fix this problem by using third-party software to increase the size of the System Reserved partition.
Error: We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer.
Error: Failure configuring Windows Updates. Reverting changes.
These are generic errors that might appear any time a Windows update fails. You'll need to determine the specific error code to investigate how to best resolve this problem
You can find the error code for the failed update by viewing your update history. Look for KB 2919355 in the list, note the error code, and then contact Microsoft support
To view your update history:
- Open Windows Update by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or, if you're using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer up), tapping or clicking Settings, tapping or clicking Change PC settings, and then tapping or clicking Update and recovery.
- Tap or click View your update history.
Error: The update is not applicable to your computer.
This error might mean that your PC doesn't have the required update KB 2919442 installed. Check to make sure that all important updates, including KB 2919442, are installed on your PC. If all updates are installed, you might need to refresh your PC.
To refresh you PC:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.