Question about Garden
You did provided manufacturer but not model, therefore advice given can be only very limited.
Ingersol i sproducing oilless as well as oil lubricated compressors, what is your type?
I assume that this one is piston, using oil.
1. Check oil level and condition, replace if needed/fill to correct level (too much is actually as bad as not enough in that case!).
2. Check inlet filter and throat if not obstructed, if encased, check if sufficient airflow through vents
3. Check and drain water from the tank, it is possible to waterlog lines if too much water condense in the tank.
4. Check air regulator settings and establish what is correct maximum for that particular machine
5. Output pressure too high, compressor runnig too high, lower output pressure
6. Output volume too high, too many tools/users on the line, reduce number of users/tools on line at same time
As motor is running without problem, you did not mentioned any, therefore driver, driver belts can be safely excluded from the equation.
From experience - seem like you need larger compressor...
Hope you find this advice useful :-)
Posted on Aug 08, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 12, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 26, 2012 | Goodman Heating & Cooling
Jun 28, 2012 | Ingersoll Rand Ingersoll - Rand IR125...
Jun 19, 2012 | Impact Ingersoll-Rand 1 Inch Heavy Duty...
Jun 25, 2011 | Heating & Cooling
Jun 21, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Intrepid
Mar 27, 2009 | Campbell Hausfeld Air Tools & Compressors
Oct 23, 2017 | Poulan Garden
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!