Question about Cell Phones

1 Answer

Just got this phone yesterday! dropped in water... pulled out and shock water out and dryied it with a hair dryer..no moisture appears on screen. Dried battery...waited an hour and put on charger..the screen shows the verizon word and blinks about every minute...is it charging or am I sunk?

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 370 Answers

Hi,

There may be some water logs present in the phone which obstructs the functioning of the phone.

Never switch on the wet mobile,When the power goes to the circuit board it may short circuit the full mobile motherboard.DONOT put your mobile in charge when it is wet it may be very dangerous.

You need to remove the water logs present in the mobile. So,please go to mobile service centre in your place and they will fix it.You cannot fix it yourself.

Thanx

Posted on Aug 07, 2010

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

3 Answers

How to revive my lg g2 water dropped in water


i have used rice before in the pass an it ok it depends on how bad it is

Jun 07, 2014 | LG enV3 VX9200 Cell Phone

1 Answer

Yesterday, I was texting my boyfriend... I was in the bath tub, but I was drying my hands off onto a towel... I didn't think much of it, because my phone has been dropped into the dogs water bowl by...


Try this :
Bring a hair dryer ,then remove your battery and sim card,then turn the hair dryer on (the hot air)
make the hair dryer focus on the phone from the battery side becuase there are some holes wich the
hot air can get inside the mobile and dry the mobile hard ware.
Make the hair dryer focus on the mobile for 5 minutes but be careful and make a distance between
the hair dryer and between the mobile to avoid damage the plastic mobile case becuase of hot air.

After five minutes turn the hair dryer off and wait until the mobile gets cold,then turn it on
This way is effective 50% to 90 %
If your mobile worked that means congratulations.
If it worked but not 100% that means there is improvement and keep drying it by the hair dryer as
i explained before,,,every dry for 5 minutes only.
But if it doesnt work at all ...that means your mobile needs a hardware repair and you have to send
it to a mobile repair store.

Jun 03, 2011 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

Water fell on my touch screen samsung F480i.and the screen doesnt work now.. any solutions plz


1) turn the phone off immediately (remove the battery if possible)
2) put it in a bag of rice and leave it there for a day or 2 (rice absorbs moisture)
3) remove the phone and turn it on
note: DO NOT use a hair dryer...this will push moisture into unreachable places

Mar 09, 2011 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

How to repair my mobile phone screen at home Nokia E61i . No Display on screen may be due to moisture or water getting inside and even the screen is flikring


Well leave ur phone in sun after removing ur battery and sim. Leave it there for 2 hrs. check if still moisture is there. if yes use a hair dryer. and then whn u sure there no more water in there out back ur battery

Aug 11, 2009 | Nokia Cell Phones

1 Answer

Nokia 6080 Fell in water


It is stuffed, if it falls into water then the second it falls in it will short, and probably blow some critical components inside, even if the phone is off then there is always power running through it (so it knows when you are pressing the button to turn it on, also so it can remember the time and date)

May 24, 2009 | Nokia 6080 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

After dropping iphone in water phone is able to charge


Although the rice concept is a good idea, it is unlikely that it has aided in the evaporation of all moisture in the unit. I have fixed a number of 'dropped in water' devices (incl an IPOD nano) and I have followed the same process:
- take the unit apart
- remove battery, clean bat and charging terminals
- remove any connector (document where necessary) and leave out in open air to dry (or use a hair dryer on low setting / under a lamp).
- clean all connectors with rubbing alchohol.
In your case, pay close attention to the cable that supplies the screen and make sure the male and female ends are dry and clean. Also locate the backlight and see if there is any moisture around it.

Apr 29, 2009 | Apple iPhone 3G

1 Answer

Dropped in water


You may still have water in places not reached by the hair dryer. Open all the access doors, take out the SIM card, battery and put all parts in a ziplock bag. Get some dessicant bags (from old shoe boxes), cardboard pieces, saltine crackers and put them in the ziplock bag also and put on top of your microwave oven or in the window where it gets direct sunlight. These items will help draw out all the moisture better than the hair dryer. I have done this many times on cell phones, gameboys, etc. and it works everytime.

Apr 25, 2009 | Samsung SGH-G600 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

I dropped my phone in the toilet and it is not switching on, i turned the phone on after i dropped it in (idiot). i dont want to have to pay to get it fixed


Please try hair dryer to to evaporate all the moisture from phone and try to clean water with cloth where ever you can see it...

Try to open the Body of the phone if possible....

Same happened with my bro's phone

Nov 07, 2008 | Lands Phones

1 Answer

White screen


May be some water get into the phone.Yo need to temove all moisture trapped in the phone: Dry the phone, battery, any accessory, etc. with cloth and wrap each piece, phone and accessories, in newspaper. Place a few handfuls of rice into a plastic bag and then place the wrapped phone in the bag with rice. The newspaper wrapping avoids direct contact of rice with your phone because the dust from the rice can get into the small areas of the phone. The newspaper and rice will absorb moisture. Leave it there (with the bag open) at least 24 hrs.

Aug 02, 2008 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3

1 Answer

Contact service appear on the screen


Water and electrical devices don't go very well together. Even if you get it going again, it will in time give you some sort of trouble. Try dismantling all removable pieces, and dry it the best you can using a cool hair dryer, a cool one, a 'kool' one if you like but use no heat.
Say a few appropriate nice words and give it a decent send off.

Mar 24, 2008 | Nokia 6288 Cellular Phone

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cell Phones Logo

Related Topics:

56 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cell Phones Experts

Computer Repairing
Computer Repairing

Level 3 Expert

14641 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76846 Answers

William Alequin

Level 3 Expert

928 Answers

Are you a Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...