Question about IBM Computers & Internet
1. Login to router first and verify that the router with the rj45 cable.
2. Go to the DOS window and then type "cmd" then type at the prompt "ipconfig /all". this will show the network connections but look at the wireless connect and the ip and MAC address.
3. Disconnect from the RJ45 ( Ethernet cord) then reboot the PC or laptop.
4. check laptop for IP address from router.
5. At the dos prompt do a ping >> www.yahoo.com
example: ping www.yahoo.com
Posted on Aug 07, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 14, 2014 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
on Feb 02, 2011 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Jun 15, 2013 | TP-LINK Computers & Internet
May 03, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Mar 05, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
May 12, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 28, 2008 | Gateway Computers & Internet
Oct 28, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 31, 2018 | IBM Computers & Internet
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!