Question about D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
You can get software that searches for the passwords.Go to a PC store and buy it.
Phone your ip and they will help you reinstall the router on your PC,AND GIVE YOU A NEW PASSWORD.
Posted on Aug 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You can add passwords in the Web Management page. If this is the default settings Type http://192.168.0.1 in your browser's URL interface. Or you can also use the Software Provided
Posted on Jul 12, 2008
SOURCE: D-link DI-514
The information he gave you was correct for a new DI-514 but if this has already been used it could be that the password was set. To take care of this problem, you can return the router to factory default settings by inserting a paper clip into the reset hole at the back (leave the router plugged in and turned on), hold it for ten seconds and then release. The router should reboot. Try the 192 and admin again.
Posted on Oct 17, 2008
there is a main reset button on the router
befor you bo anything go to you network connecting and then go to the connecting your using and write down all the ip adders befor you push teh reset button
Posted on May 11, 2009
HI! I bliv u are having some issue setting up ur router.. I will be more than glad to assist u. here are the steps u need to do:
1. press the reset button on the back of the router for 20sec..while pressing the reset button, unplug the power plug and after 2secs while pressing the reset button plug it back in and press for 30secs after that unplug the router for 15secs then plug it back in..once all the lights are solid and ok
2. connect the ethernet cable to port1 of the router and the other end to the lan port of your computer..
3. pull up ur browser then type at the url:192.168.1.1.or 192.168.0.1 or u can check the routers default gateway by right clicking the network icon on the lower right of your task bar and click on status and it will show the ip address of the computer, subnetmask and default gateway, the default gateway is the routers ip address, once u type in to the url, it will ask u the username and password, by default the username is admin and the password is 1234 or just leave it blank
4. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have.
a. if ur isp is a cable company, normaly u need to do a mac clone on the router setup page by cloning the computer that is reg to the cable company, how to determine it. ex. the computer that is reg to the cable company is a desktop or laptop, if this computer is connected to the modem directly and u can access internet.
b. once u determined it u need to connect this computer directly to the router and do a mac clone and set ur internet settings to auto-dhcp..then save the settings and after that, unplug to the power of the modem and router, plug in 1st the power of the modem then once all lights lit, plug in the router, then once all lights lit, try to pull up a browser that ur computer is connected directly to the router.. ur cable connection shud be, cable from the modem will go to the WAN port of the router and connect ethernet cable on port1 going to the lan port of the computer..once u can access the internet, u can now access again the setup page of the router by typing at the url:192.168.1.1 and u can setup the wireless settings, u need to create a ssid or wireless name and a security..
5. If ur isp is a dsl normaly they give u a username and password to connect to the internet, ur settings on the router should be PPPoe
6. If ur isp gives u a static ip address settings, u need to set the router to isp setup.
a. how to check the isp of the isp given to u..
1. click on start
3. type cmd
4. it will show a dos prompt
5. from the dos prompt type ipconfig/all
6. it will list the ip address, subnet, default gateway, dns server
this settings should be type in to the settings on the router for static ip addressing..
if you have any querry pls feel free to get in touch.. good luck
Posted on Aug 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 09, 2011 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Nov 18, 2010 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Mar 12, 2010 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Feb 15, 2010 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Nov 22, 2009 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Oct 07, 2009 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Dec 11, 2008 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Oct 17, 2008 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Jun 29, 2008 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Dec 28, 2007 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!