Maytag Gemini oven glass door panels impossible to clean
We had an ugly spill of hot grease/water from a roast, and lots of it ran right into the vent holes on our oven door, covering various layers of glass and other parts inside the door. Yuck. Thankfully we found this site!
"fixetheoven" was certainly on the right track, but missed a key step that makes this job much, much easier. (Maybe they had a few too many sips of wine during the process?! :-)
Anyway, the key to make the job easy, and do-able by one person, is to pull the door off the hinges before starting to remove any screws! Here's how we did it:
1. Open the door about four inches or so, it will stay in place. Hold the door at the sides and lift it up, sliding it right off of the hinges! Now lay it carefully face up on a table so you have easy access to the screws, and no danger of the glass dropping out of the bottom of the door (as apparently happened to "fixedtheoven".)
2. Remove the two screws that hold the panel on one side of the door. (One screw is halfway up the side panel, the other is on the bottom edge of the door.)
3. Slide the panel off, paying close attention to how it fits into place so you can return it to its original position later!
4. Remove the two screws that hold the panel on the other side of the door, and slide that panel out as well.
5. Remove the three screws that hold the panel across the bottom edge of the door, and remove that panel.
6. Now you can slide the front glass out from under the top edge of the door.
7. Clean the front glass, the side panels, and the bottom panel, as needed.
8. There will be another layer of glass inside the door. If it needs cleaning on the underside, remove the screws from one of the metal brackets that hold the glass in place. You can then slide this piece of glass out from the metal bracket at the other side.
9. After cleaning everything, reassemble the door by reversing the above steps.
10. Lift the door by the sides and carefully slide it back into place on the hinges. Be sure it is properly in place and being held there before you let go!!
11. Now go pour that glass of wine and sip to your heart's content, while admiring how clean your oven door is!
Mar 15, 2009 |
Maytag MER6772 Gemini Electric Kitchen...