Question about Dell Inspiron B130 Notebook
4 beeps of equal lenght suggest that system timer is not working, you need to change cmos battery on your laptop. If you are game, that is how you change CMOS battery on your laptop:
1. Switch off computer, remove power cord and battery, turn computer "proper" side up, open and press power button to discharge
2. Open display in full (180 degree), there is small indent on hinge cover, close to hinge on right and left side, slide in little flat (screwdriver will do) and lift right side up, slide cover towards left and remove it, do not lift on both sides simultaneously!
3. Remove two small screws on the top of keyboard, lift keyboard slightly up and towards you, be aware that keys and tabs on keyboard are fragile and difficult to replace! Lift keyboard connector and slide the cable out. it is not really necessary to remove keyboard, but it easy to replace without keyboard being in the way.
4. Find coin battery, disconnect cable from socket by pulling it gently towards the battery. Remove cable from guides and battery from it's seat
5. Replace battery with exact same type, put it back into it's seat, guide wire through and connect it back to the board.
6. Re-connect keyboard cable, place front keyboard tabs into palm rest and screw back two back holding screws
7. slide in left side of hinge cover into place, press from left to right till it click in place.
8. Re-install battery and power cord, switch on computer, re-programe BIOS ito previous state.
This should solve your CMOS batery problem. Of course you can send your laptop to the technician but that will be no fun at all... ;-)
Posted on Aug 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2013 | HP Computers & Internet
Oct 01, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 530s Desktop Computer
Feb 18, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Aug 29, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 05, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 23, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Oct 08, 2007 | IBM Netfinity 3500 M20 8657 Server
97 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: