Question about Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop Computer
4 beeps of equal lenght suggest that system timer is not working, you
need to change cmos battery on your computer. If you are game, that is how
you change CMOS battery on your computer, takes about 5min, required tool is phillips screwdriver:
1. Switch off computer, remove power cord
2. Remove left hand cover (this is cover which is on lyour left while you stand in front of the computer)
3. As you look at computer "gizzards" on right hand on the motherboard you will see silver battery about nickel size, it is located in this computer about three finger width from the bottom of the motherboard and about 1 1/2 finger width from right edge of the motherboard. Unlatch it and remove it. Purchase exactly same battery, be it in drugstore or hardware store.
4. Slide in new battery, + is up, towards you.
5. Mount back side cover
6. Re-connect your power cable and start the computer
You most probablay will need to re-program BIOS as all information is lost when this particular battery die.
This should solve your CMOS batery problem. Of course you can send your laptop to the technician but that will be no fun at all... ;-)
Posted on Aug 07, 2010
I went and got a new battery for the old battery and it still beeping four times what do I need to do now
Posted on Oct 05, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 01, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 530s Desktop Computer
Jul 24, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop Computer
May 08, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
Feb 18, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Feb 16, 2012 | Lenovo Computers & Internet
Aug 08, 2011 | Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 Netbook...
Jan 01, 2011 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
Oct 12, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jul 26, 2017 | Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop Computer
2,670 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: