Question about Samsung CLX-3175FN Color Laser All-in-One Printer
This is one of my favourite printers, it is relatively easy to install and virtually trouble free operation and very silent operation are bonuses.
I hope that you did set permanent IP address on your printer? if it is DHCP enabled printer will not function properly. As I do not know what version of software you are using, and what is your network range, I cannot advice what IP address to select. As a rule of thumb, use permanent address for printe about 10 more than your gateway. If for example your gateway is set to 10.0.0.1, I would design address for printer as 10.0.0.10 and leave all rest to be managed by DHCP, or if you run secure network, obviously, permanent address on every computer. Do not bother to search for any help on Samsung site, everything more complicated than paper jam and toner sale is beyond they help scope...
In your case I would suggest taking following steps, I assume you do have still your setup disk?:
1. Disconnect printer from network (remove network cable from the back)
2. Download ccleaner and install it on all computers (do not install yahoo toolbar! I hate all toolbars with passion!)
3. Remove printer from printer setup
4. Reboot computer in "safe mode", tape f8 key while booting will allow you to select 'safe mode"
5. Run ccleaner, first "cleaner" then "registry"
6. Reboot computer
7. Connect printer to the network
8. Run printer setup and make sure that you did select "network printer"
9. Follow instructions on the screen
10. After installation, reboot computer
This should solve your installation problem, if you require further assistance, do not hesitate to follow this thread.
Posted on Aug 07, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
566 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: