I have a tcm 217362 watch with a digital compass how can i set it up to show me north it currently shows cal. and when i press the top right and left button it shows err.(probably error) it is a black and...
You have to calibrate the compass.
1. Press the upper right button (switching to compass mode)
2. Press and hold upper left button. The "CALL" will appear on the display. You are in compass calibrating mode.
3. Rotate the watch horizontally (around his vertical axis) slowly, so to be sure that he point the North at least 2 times.
4. Now press the upper left button again to input the declination (this is the angle between the magnetic and real pole). It is different for the area around the world, that you want to explore.
5. Switch between the positions of the cipher by pressing bottom left.
6. Change the cipher by pressing bottom right.
7. Switch between the active position by pressing bottom left. Now you have to enter East or West declination
8. If you are ready press the upper left. "END" of calibration will appear on the screen
Once you calibrate and set the declination you can use the the compass by pressing upper right button. As the compass is very sensitive It is good idea to calibrate it on a field, far away of metal objects and electromagnetic fields (cables, ect.). You need to calibrate the compass each time you want to use it by different surrounding.
Remember the compass function of your watch need much more energy than the watch itself. Don`t worry to change the battery when dead. The water resistance remains good even after. Very robust and accurate device. I hope that should help.
May 15, 2011 |