Question about Edimax BR-6216Mg Wireless Router (BR6216MG)
Cannot set up security enabled setting for the wireless router, please help
You can try these steps to configure the BR6216MG router for wireless security:
1. connect a computer to the router's numbered port.
2. launch a browser and type in 192.168.2.1, user name is admin and the password is 1234 (unless you changed it, if you do, then use that password)
3. Once you are in, click on wireless then click on Security.
4. Under Security, you can set it to either WEP or WPA. But for ease of use, I suggest you use WEP.
5. Set it to WEP then 64 bit for the key length.
6. You can then select ASCII or hex (that depends if your wireless adapter support both or one only). For hex, you can only use the letters A-F and numbers 0-9. For ascii, you can use characters, letters and numbers.
7. Set the default key. Only the key you select it in the "Default key" will take effect.
8.You can now fill the selected text box with the password that you want. Then click Apply.
If you have questions, just ask me then I'll answer your question as soon as I can.
Posted on May 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2011 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
In order to find the wireless security password of your Dlink wireless router G WBR-2310 , please follow these setps
1. Open up the internet explorer in the computer in which you are online and clear the address bar and type in the number 192.168.0.1 and hit enter.
2. You will be logged into the D-Link router setup page .
3. Under the SETUP tab, in the left hand side, click on WIRELESS SETTINGS? you will find Wireless security Mode under which you can find the password for the wireless settings.
Thanks in Advance!
Jan 11, 2011 | D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless...
Sep 16, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jul 02, 2010 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
Jun 25, 2010 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Jun 23, 2010 | Encore ENHWI-N2 802.11n Wireless Router...
May 20, 2010 | Linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless-B Broadband...
Oct 25, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 27, 2009 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Nov 09, 2008 | Computers & Internet
110 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: