Question about KitchenAid Blenders
It's reversed threaded. tap in cw direction to remove. use a flat blade screwdriver and small hammer.
Posted on Aug 23, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Someone else suggested a link that explains exactly how to unthread the old coupling... and it works. It took me about 90 seconds to fix my blender. But in case that link is dead, here's a summary:
(1) Note that the coupling (the round part with teeth) is threaded to the blender motor in reverse to a standard threading. So it screws off just like a bottle top, but in a clockwise direction.
(2) place the blender base on a tabletop, facing you. You should probably unplug it.
(3) take a punch or a flathead screwdriver, and place it against one of the coupling teeth that is furtherest away from you.
(4) strike the back of the screwdriver with a small hammer or maillot. The result will spin coupling clockwise. It may take several tries, but the coupling will eventually spin clockwise faster than the motor, and it will begin to unthread.
(5) unscrew the old coupling, and screw the new coupling into place (counterclockwise). Note that the new coupling will tighten itself every time you use your blender, so no need to worry about tightening it too much.
(6) Make a smoothie to celebrate your success!
Posted on Nov 10, 2007
Grab the blade with a rag so you don't cut yourself, then grab the clutch with another rag and turn CLOCKWISE. It's threaded reverse - took me hours to figure this out. I found grabbing with rags or maybe towels worked the best. That should work
Posted on Jan 15, 2010
Yes, it is very easy to fix. You will need a new coupler, which is part number 9704230. There is a set of instructions with video here: http://www.kaparts.co.uk/Howtoremoveablendercoupler/tabid/219/Default.aspx
Posted on Feb 13, 2010
SOURCE: Krups 239 blender drive gear.
Like you, I am all for repairing and keeping the world free of blenders that only need one part replaced. The rubber coupling was easily ordered online, the challenge I later found was to remove it without losing my sanity. After messing up the side grill of the blender pretty good, I realized there is an opening on the motor casing that allows access to a "gear" that is firmly attached to the axle where our little friend will hopefully screw on and restore the contraption to a working state. In order for you to see (which I must warn you, it's not much of a view) through the grill you will need a flashlight or book light. Towards the top of the aforementioned gear (not the rubber part) there is a groove in which a flat screwdriver can easily fit immobilizing the axle and allowing you to easily unscrew it. Oh, but wait, I forgot this is the faulty part and it will spin without the slightest torque on the axle thus never loosening or getting it unscrewed. My solution to this problem was to surgically remove as much rubber as possible to allow me to attach my vise grip to the nut and finally put this thing out of its misery. Using the same procedure of inserting the screwdriver to immobilize the axle I was able to screw the new part and voila the blender is fixed!!!!
Posted on Aug 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 07, 2011 | Blenders
Dec 31, 2010 | KitchenAid KSB560 5 Speed Blender
Feb 13, 2010 | KitchenAid KSB3 Classic Work Top Blender
Jan 22, 2010 | KitchenAid Kitchen Aid Kitchenaid 5-speed...
Aug 30, 2009 | KitchenAid KSB560 5 Speed Blender
Aug 11, 2009 | KitchenAid Kitchen Aid Kitchenaid 5-speed...
Jun 26, 2009 | KitchenAid Kitchen Aid Kitchenaid 5-speed...
Jun 25, 2009 | KitchenAid KSB560WH 5-Speed Blender
Jan 26, 2009 | Oster 4134 / 4126 Classic Beehive Work Top...
Nov 20, 2008 | Oster 4093-8 Osterizer Classic Blender...
Feb 26, 2016 | KitchenAid KHB300WH 8" Immersion Blender...
461 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: